chapter 16

KIKIOPE

As I walked into the compound, I noticed my mom's new Toyota car was parked at the garage, opening the door gently, it confirmed she was around and I walked into the house. I met the shock of my life.

I stood rooted at the door watching my mom playing with a young looking man, her head rested on his laps while he played with her hair and she played with his beards. Eh, when did my mom become sugar mummy?

"Kikiope, you're back," she sat uprightly then I noticed she was in a green camisole and black bum short, my eyes trailed back to the young looking man who smiled at me and his face dimpled revealing his white set of teeth that contradicted his light skin, yeah, he's a good-looking man but why is he with my mom though Mama D had a small stature that often made people believe she was young but in actual fact, she'll be forty-two by next year.

Who is this one smiling at? But wait, why is he in a white singlet on black short? I hope this man is not planning to stay in my house sha? Hope it's not what I'm thinking sha? It'd...

"Kikiope!" Mama D shouted interrupting my thoughts.

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to her, "Ma."

"I've been calling you since, what got into you?"

"Nothing,"I replied with a brief smile while walking into the house.

"You vacated today right? Where is your result?"

My eyes grew wide. Like, my mom could ask for my result, the last time was in JSS1, what got over her?

I brought it out of my skirt pocket slowly before giving it to her. She collected it with a smile and that young man moved closer to her to check the result. Why is this one prying into my life?

" I told you my daughter is a straight A student," she boasted. Well, JANU Icons were straight A students.

"Like you encouraged and supported me, abi." I mumbled.

"This is really impressive," the man commented.

"What's impressing this one?" I muttered.

"What did you say?" Mama D asked.

A quick smile appeared on my face, "Nothing."

"Okay, take," she pointed the result at me and I collected it from her.

"Keep up the good work," the man said and I coughed out loudly.

"Are you okay?" Mama D rushed to me and I turned to her with a nod. Hope mom is not trying to put on a good act because of this man sha, this one that looks like ashawo okunrin yii.

"Anyway, Felix, this is my second daughter and Kikiope, this is Felix my boyfriend," she  introduced and my vigorous coughs appeared again. Did I just hear it right? How can this one be her boyfriend? Someone that looks like her younger brother yii?

"Hi, girl," he waved at me with a grin. Who is this one grinning at?

"He's greeting you," Mama D admonished when she noticed I didn't reply him.

"Hi," I said with a wicked smile.

"He'll be living with us from now on."

Ehn? My face screwed up? Living with who? A young man? Something that has never happened? Did this man use juju for my mom nii?

"Anyway, I brought you pepper soup, you can have that for lunch."

"That's the only thing you know," I mumbled before going straight to my room. I'll ensure this man leaves by fire by thunder, trust me.