chapter 42

KIKIOPE

Just when I was dreaming about my life in paradise, I heard the screech of my alarm, my eyelids opened slowly before I struggled to get out of bed.

I went into the bathroom reluctantly, after having my bath and doing my hygiene, I got dressed in my uniform, while packing my hair to a bun and yawning, I was still feeling sleepy until my eyes landed on the frame Khalid had given me on Valentine's Day.

I chuckled at what was inscribed on the frame.  Who needs a Valentine when I have a best friend like you?

A smile crept up my face as my mind went back to what had happened on Saturday when I'd been asked the truth question, my friends had all looked shocked and had turned to me as if I'd become a masquerade but Khalid looked more shocked than the others, but they eventually relaxed after I told them I wasn't the one planning to kiss someone but the characters in my book. They'd heaved a sigh of relief then but Khalid still gave me a suspicious look. Not like I had any intention of kissing anyone though, it was just for my characters.

I sat on my bed while still drowsy, I didn't know when I fell asleep again until I heard the horn from AY's car. Jumping out of my bed, I carried my bag quickly and dashed to the kitchen, I couldn't prepare breakfast again, so, I just filled the bottles and picked a roll of Golden Morn before walking out of the house.

"If you don't walk fast, I'll leave you!" AY bellowed and I rolled my eyes. He'd become a hostile person since the beginning of this term mainly because of the loss of his newborn baby who was yet to be found, no one knew if she was alive or not.

I dropped my bag in the boot before entering the car while AY sped off.

"Hi guys," I waved at my friends, and they smiled at me before I turned back to Bimpe who was beaming with smiles.

"This one that you're smiling like this, did something happen yesterday?" I twisted my brows while nudging her shoulders.

"Hmm, I finally got my full revenge on the one that calls me his daughter," she announced and my eyes glistened.

"Really? What did you do?"

"He wanted to beat my mom yesterday after she refused to give him food, can you imagine? Just as he raised his hand, I picked the pestle and hit him with it."

"What!" My eyes widened.

She shrugged, "Serves him right, it's not like he's dead, he's just undergoing what my mom went through, infact it's not up to a quarter of it."

I nodded," So, he's in the hospital now?"

"Yeah, struggling for his life, the pestle actually hit his head so, he collapsed then we dragged him to the hospital without looking back."

I sighed, "Hmm, and you think your mom won't check up on him?"

She shook her head, "No, I think she's coming to her senses now."

"I hope so."

We talked about some other things till we got to school, after AY left we all went to our respective classes before Bimpe and I walked to our rendezvous.

"So, you want us to drink Golden Morn?" Kunmi asked for the umpteenth time and I rolled my eyes.

"If you're not eating, we are available," I replied him before he picked up his own share of the Golden Morn while Doyin got back with the cups and Abee with the milks.

"Thanks jare," I replied before collecting it from them, not quite long, we settled down to eat.

"So, this week is our blackmail week, you know next week is the election and midterm break, so, we won't have time," Bimpe started.