chapter 39

KHALID

"See you later," I waved at Kikiope as she entered her house while AY drove off.

Few minutes later, I got down from the car and entered our house only for me to meet my mom sprawled on the chaise lounge.

Without greeting her, I headed towards my room until her voice stopped me.

"Khalid, you're back," she said with beaming smiles before standing up to hug me but I retreated from the hug even before she could embrace me.

"What's wrong?" She asked with a questioning look.

"Nothing," I replied quickly before disappearing to my room ignoring her calls behind me.

Someone that hasn't been home for the past months, ever since we resumed this term, I haven't set my eyes on her and my dad, and she expects me to readily welcome her like nothing happened.

"Khalid, are you okay in there?" Her voice came from behind the door.

"I'm fine."

"But..."

"I said I'm fine!" I shouted before hearing her retreating steps.

I sighed before deciding to do my assignments, the stupid teachers even gave us lot of assignments today as if it's Friday.

After taking a shower, I brought out my physics assignment, minutes later, I was done with it so, I moved on to Maths and then English.

Well, I think our English teacher just learnt about essay, the one that she's been giving us all forms of essay this past week, she gave us article writing today, I'll just have to take it to Kikiope.

"Where are you going?" My mom asked as I headed to the door.

"To Kikiope."

"Won't you eat? I prepared Jollof rice," she said with a convincing smile.

"I'm not hungry."

"But, you haven't eaten anything since you got back from school," she pestered.

"My stomach is still full," and with that, I walked out of the house.

Immediately I got to Kikiope's door, I heard voices from inside.

"Ah, sorry, but you came late, today is Thursday and tomorrow is the Valentine dinner, I already have a date, why did you come late?" I heard Kikiope ask.

"The thing is, I was scared that you might treat me like Bimpe," Okay, that's Tunde's voice, is he trying to make her his date?

"And that's not true oo."

"The thing is, I..."

I opened the door that instant and traipsed into the house.

"Hey," they both greeted in unison.

"Hi," I replied before sitting on the sofa.

"I think I have to leave, thanks anyway," Tunde said as he stood up, he flashed me a smile which I returned almost genuinely before he walked out of the house.

"So..." I drawled.

She shrugged, "So what?"

I wriggled my brows.

She pursed her lips before talking," He came here to ask me to be his date to the dinner but I told him I already have one."

I nodded, "Hmm, so, who is that person?"

She narrowed her eyes, "You na."

"What!"

She shrugged,"What's what there?Doyin and Abee would be going together even Bimpe and Kunmi who hate each other's guts gan are going together, leaving only the two of us."