chapter 36

KIKIOPE

Lately, Valentine and election had been the main talk in our school, campaigns had been going around, the school has been full of flyers, posters and what have you.

"Please vote for her as the punctuality prefect girl," a naive looking girl said while giving me a flyer, I nodded before she traipsed away.

"Who is the person?" Bimpe questioned as she poked her head into the flyer.

"I don't know her," I replied before we climbed the stairs and walked into our class.

"I need to collect something from Kunmi," Bimpe said immediately we got to the entrance and before I could even reply, she'd disappeared.

"Is this not Khalid's jersey?" Abimbola questioned as soon as I pulled out my chair to sit.

"Yeah," I replied succinctly.

"Why are you wearing it?" She bellowed and I rolled my eyes.

"Let me tell you something, whatever he has is mine too, so, please, don't come and kill yourself here, go and die in your father's house."

She fumed as her face hardened while I shrugged before Khalid strutted into our class.

A wide smile appeared on Abimbola's face as she waved at him, "Hey, you..."

"Kikiope," he called and I smirked at Abimbola before smiling at him.

"I haven't collected my English assignment, and we have her class fifth period," he sat at the edge of my table.

"Oh, that's true, but, the thing is, I haven't written the essay oo," I told him with a smug smile and his face fell.

"Ah, you should see the way that woman flogged Doyin's class because of it, maybe I'll just stab her class then," he proceeded to stand up but I stopped him by touching his laps.

"I was joking," I said with a grin, and he chuckled, then I fumbled through my bag for the book while Abimbola began to engage him in a discussion.

"Here," I pointed the book at him, and he looked away from Abimbola who dashed me a scowl.

"Thanks a lot," then he rose and I dashed him a questioning look.

"What?"

"So, it's only thanks you'll say, I woke up in the midnight to write the essay oo, I..."

Abimbola cut in, "And so? Is it something new?"

"Abeg, I wasn't talking to you oo, if you have nothing better to do other than priving into other people's business, maybe you should go and pack shit," I hissed, and she glowered at me.

"So, what else do you want me to do?" He inquired and I turned to him with a beatific smile.

"Peck me."

"What!" Abimbola got up quickly as her eyes widened.

I eyed her before turning my head and patting my cheeks, Khalid smiled before leaning closer and Abimbola pulled him back.

"What?" He asked her.

"Why should you peck her just because she helped you with the assignment?" Abimbola shrilled.

"She did what you couldn't do, so, it's proper," he replied before pecking me quickly and I smirked at Abimbola whose vein almost popped out of her head.

"See you later," I blew him a kiss, and he smiled before walking out of our class.

Abimbola slammed her hand on the table before leaning closer to me, "Why are you trying to make him like you?"