chapter 35

KIKIOPE

"

"Why would they want us to keep using that assembly ground when the old one has been renovated?" Bimpe asked and I nodded my head slowly as we walked to the SS3 Block.

"I don't know for them oo and this assembly ground is so revealing, it implicates someone a lot, we can't even talk on the assembly in peace," I complained.

Earlier in the morning, the vice principal had announced the completion of our assembly ground but then the teachers had agreed that we kept on using the old one just so, they'll keep on punishing students especially all those oversabi teachers who enjoyed catching the defaulters on the assembly ground.

"They're not even okay at all," Bimpe replied before we walked into SS3 Red.

"That's her," I pointed at the S.P girl and Bimpe nodded before we approached her.

"Hi," we greeted the S.P girl who was conversing with her boyfriend, their relationship was somehow popular in school so, everyone knew about it.

She smiled at us, "Hi, how can I help you?"

Bimpe brought out her form and placed it on the table in front of her.

"Oh, you want me to sign this?" She asked and Bimpe nodded.

"You're the one going for S.P girl?" She pointed at Bimpe.

Yeah."

"That's nice," she commented before bringing out her pen from her bag, then she went ahead to sign it and fill the reference.

"Thanks," Bimpe said before picking up her form.

"Vote for her oo and tell your friends too," I told the S.P girl who nodded.

"Of course, even if I don't do that, she'll surely enter, wait, don't you need another prefect to sign too?"

"Oh, that's true," Bimpe responded before returning the form to the S.P girl who gave it to her boyfriend, the Chief Labour Prefect boy, after he'd finished signing, we collected it from him and walked out of the class, heading straight to SS3 Blue.

"Hey," I greeted the Social Prefect girl who turned to me with a smile.

"Hi Kikiope, do you want to tell me something?" She asked and I shook my head before giving her the form.

"Oh, that's even true, you're going to be the Social Prefect girl, the school would be fun during your time," she said while signing the form and filling where necessary, then she transferred it to her friend who was the Chief Silence Officer girl, after they'd finished signing, she returned the form to me.

"So, what would be your last job before you hand over?" I queried and she furrowed her brows in confusion.

"There's nothing more, we'll be handing over to you guys after mid term."

"You still need to do one last show, e ehn, next week is Valentine day, you can convince the school to do a show or something sha, it's a Friday so, it won't harm the school whereas it would be something to remember you for," I suggested, and she nodded in accordance.

"Thanks for that, I trust you jare, I'll get back to you later," she said with a reverent smile and I nodded before Bimpe and I walked out of the class heading back to our class.

"And it's going to make sense if we do something like a dinner party oo," Bimpe affirmed.

"Yeah, it's going to be nice."

"But do you think the school will agree most especially all those oversabi teachers?"

I turned to her, "You know our school loves anything like party, so, they would surely agree."

She shrugged, "Okay oo."

💢💢💢💢💢💢

The noise that erupted from our line disturbed the whole assembly as all eyes were fixed on our line, Abimbola screamed before she eventually fainted. While other students scampered away, others stepped back.

"What's going on there?" Mr. Adeyoyo shouted before he moved closer to our line, he looked shocked as he stared at the unconscious body of Abimbola on the floor with a dead snake wrapped around her neck.

"Some...one... should..." He stuttered, apparently he was scared of snake 'cause he looked like someone who could faint from any time, so he, stepped back while other teachers moved closer.

The only female teacher that stepped closer to Abimbola was Ìyá Ìbón, in no time, she carried Abimbola's body still with the snake wrapped around her neck with the help of Stone face, they walked out of the assembly ground while few teachers followed them.

The assembly had scattered so, we couldn't continue it again, in other words, we all headed to our various classes. Mission accomplished.

"I didn't know the guys placed the snake on the tree close to our line oo," Bimpe voiced out as we both sauntered leisurely to our class.

"Shebi they told us."

She pouted, "You know Khalid and I are scared of snakes so, I didn't hear when you guys were discussing it."

I pursed my lips, "Okay, it was after you and Khalid left."

"But why was it on our line? What if it landed on me nko?" She scrunched up her face and I chuckled before leaning closer to her.

"I was the one that told Abee and Kunmi to put it on our tree."

She turned to me with huge pupils, "What!"

"I know Abimbola loves staying under that tree."

Her huge pupils reduced as she nodded slowly, "Oh okay, so, it was because of her that you guys placed it there?"

"Not really though," I responded, and she nudged my stomach before we bit laughed.

Actually, the day before, AY had arrived really late, we were the only ones left in school, even Abee and Doyin already had dinner in the hostel, we'd all spent our money and at such got famished, we decided to go pluck mangoes in the Plantation, that was when the snake crawled out, Khalid who was the first to see it screamed his lungs out before Bimpe joined in the scream, luckily, our Animal husbandry teacher who for one reason or the other though he stayed in the teachers quarters that wasn't far from the Plantation  passed by that time, so, he and Abee ended up killing the snake, that time, Bimpe and Khalid had disappeared while Kunmi and I oy watched in amusement.

After the killing, Our Animal husbandry teacher left while I remained with the guys, Kunmi reminded us of  how we'd been complaining on the issue of the assembly ground so, he decided we should use it to scare our teachers and students, so far they wouldn't want to go back to that assembly because of the snake, so, I prompted them to place the snake on our tree.

It wasn't long after the assembly started that it fell on Abimbola and coiled around her neck, Jubilee had been the one who saw it and immediately she told her, Abimbola collapsed and that was how the commotion began.

Eventually, the snake got removed from her neck and the school burnt it but Abimbola spent almost half of the day at the dispensary.

This girl is really dealing with Abimbola oo
I can't imagine a snake coiling around my neck, can you?
Remember to vote and comment