chapter 53

KIKIOPE

It was the third day after resumption, we'd finished our welcome test yesterday so, today was for general cleaning and stuffs like that. After we'd guided the other students in the cleaning, we headed to our rendezvous.

"Now, I'll so much miss Kikiope's food oo," Abee complained and I smiled.

"How will we even be having breakfast now?" Kunmi asked.

"Like they won't give you breakfast in the hostel abi," Bimpe snorted while eyeing him. Even though they'd become an item, they still had their childish banter that always amuse me.

"Is that food enough in your own face?" He retorted.

"Why would it be enough for you when all you do is eat..."

"And kiss you," he completed and Bimpe turned crimson that instant, I nudged her shoulders, and she eyed me playfully.

"I heard we'll be starting IVY class next week," Abee announced while playing with Doyin's hair.

"Really? They don't even want us to rest at all," I complained, and they laughed.

IVY class is a class for the best fifty students in each set whereby the best students from each class would be picked for the class which was mainly to prepare us for our study groups in SS3 and our final exams. Students would be taught lesson for an hour after each day activity, it's also one of the reasons we were compelled to be in the hostel.

The study groups do start in SS3 whereby the best students would be dispersed in each study group to coach and help the other students in their studies in preparation for our final exams. It was one of the few things our school engage in to prepare us for our final exams after morning and evening lessons, main reason, our school always had the best results.

"Senior Doyin, the principal wants to see you," the SS1 student that stayed in our room announced. I later learnt she was in SS1 Silver with her name not registering in my brain yet, good thing she didn't drag her bed space with me on Sunday.

Doyin raised her head from Abee's chest, "Why?"

She shrugged, "I don't know, he just instructed me to call you."

"Oh okay then, tell him I'm coming," Doyin replied before turning back to us.

"He wants you to come quickly oo," she warned.

"Okay, I've heard," Doyin replied with a wave of her hand, she glanced at us before taking her leave.

"Maybe there's one competition or something," Bimpe told her and Doyin shrugged.

"Maybe, let me go before the man starts barking," she got on her feet.

"Should we go with you?" I questioned and she shook her head.

"No need, buy lunch before I come back," she said before leaving.

"I'm even hungry too," Kunmi replied as he rubbed his stomach.

"You're always hungry, ebina, jeunkoku," Bimpe snarled, and he chuckled.

"Bimpe let's go and buy something," I tapped her before standing up.

"Help me buy Bread and Akara," Abee pleaded and I nodded.

"Me too," Kunmi added.

"You know the way to the canteen abi your leg is paining you," Bimpe snarled while eyeing him.

"I was talking to Kikiope not you," he retorted.

She lifted her brows before snapping her fingers, "Ehnehn, you'll see, let's go," she dragged my hand and I chuckled while Kunmi smiled.

We left for the canteen and decided we should all go for Bread and Akara, after buying two slice breads and ₦300 Akara, we went back to our rendezvous only to meet Doyin looking downcast.

"What's wrong?" I questioned as I dropped the breads on the table while Bimpe sat down before dropping the Akara.

"Kunmi, what's wrong with her? Did that foolish man piss her off?" Bimpe queried and Kunmi shook his head.

"Doyin, what happened na?" I shouted and she raised her head to look at me, a faint smile appeared on her face.

"Ambien was found in my bag," she announced.

I creased my brows, "What's Ambien?"

"Abi, what's that?" Bimpe added.

"It's a sleeping pill that contain zolpidem and it's somehow banned in Nigeria, I think you need a license or medical certificate to bring it here," Kunmi explained.

"How did you know that? Abi you've been using it?" Bimpe asked with raised brows.

I turned to Doyin, "How did that happen?"

She shrugged, "I don't know, it was found alongside the remaining perfumes but the thing that's still baffling me is how it got there? I've never seen it before in my life, so, why would I use such a thing but the school doesn't want to believe, they think I'm selling it with perfumes, of all things, a banned drug?."

"Ah," Bimpe and I hollered concurrently.

"Maybe you placed it in your bag by mistake or something," Abee voiced out, Doyin looked at him in disbelief before she shrugged his hand away.

"Why would you think like that? Do I look like someone addicted to drugs or something, of all persons I expected you to be on my side but you just proved me wrong," and with that she stormed off ignoring our calls.

"Why would you say such?" I shouted and Abee sighed.

"But guys let's reason well, don't you think someone placed it in her bag by mistake or maybe one of our haters planted it there, you know we have lots of beefers in this school," Kunmi reasoned, and we nodded.

"This is actually the first time you're using your brain," Bimpe mocked.

"I always use my brain unlike you," he retorted.

Bimpe wanted to reply but I hindered her, "Don't start with your nonsense again, let's think about what's on ground."

"What can we do about it?" Abee inquired.

"We have to catch the person that could do such a thing," Bimpe said and we all nodded in agreement.

💢💢💢💢💢💢

It was the day after the drug was found in Doyin's bag, we were having our silent hour and I'd been trying so hard to think of what could have gone wrong. Doyin isn't someone to use drugs, even normal pills, she despises it, so, she can't possibly use banned drugs. Infact her body systems doesn't really accept drugs, whenever she used one, she always ended up getting sick again, vomiting and all manner of things.

The news had spread across the school and the principal didn't want to believe she had anything to do with it especially all those stupid teachers that were now adding fuel to the petrol. Good thing her class teacher and coach trusted her, so, they'd decided to investigate the matter even though there was a strong evidence against her but still the school had decided not to punish her until she was found guilty.

I glanced at Doyin who was right beside me, she was only staring at the sky, I couldn't talk to her because it was silent hour, and we were required to meditate and not talk or sleep. Then I turned to look at Bimpe and our eyes met, obviously she'd been looking at me before, she nodded and I understood we were actually having the same thoughts.

Who could have done that? Who wanted to implicate her? I'm sure if we get a hold of the person, he/she would regret attending JANU College.

Any guess on who could have placed the drug in Doyin's bag?
Your thoughts on this chapter
Don't forget to vote. See ya