chapter 69

KHALID

Immediately the wedding ended, I left for home. On getting home, I noticed the house was somehow quiet, ascending the stairs, I sighted my mom standing at the entrance of my dad's study with her arms folded.

I creased my brows before deciding to walk up to her, immediately I got to her, she barged into my dad's study.

"So, you're still contacting them? My hunch is always right? So, you didn't back off?"

I arched my brows at this before my eyes trailed my dad who dropped his phone with a shocked expression that soon morphed into a relaxed one.

"It's not what you think, Ruslana."

My mom scoffed, "Then it's what?"

"I'm trying to protect us here, I already stopped the dealings but it isn't that easy to just back off, I don't want them coming after me or my family," he explained and my mom's shoulder slumped.

"Is that all?"

He moved closer to her, "The thing is Dapo doesn't want me to back off and he's trying to get me back into it or rather betray me but there's no cause for alarm," he assured.

Dapo is Abimbola's father and also my dad's acquaintance. From his looks, you'll know he's the representation of greed, betrayal and many more, Abimbola actually took after him.

I eased my way out of the room when they hugged each other, it was funny how they didn't even notice my presence.

Entering my room, Kikiope's call came in and we talked for hours before my mom called me for dinner.

💢💢💢💢💢💢

"So, I'll be the only one at home till your mom comes back from her honeymoon now," Moye uttered as she dropped Kikiope's bag in the car.

"You can just visit your step-siblings till Mama D gets back," Kikiope replied her before smiling at me.

"That's what I'll eventually do," Moye told her before Kikiope entered the car, we both waved at Moye till she entered the house.

Immediately the driver started the car, Kikiope turned to me, "Bimpe is waiting for us at her junction oo."

I puckered my brows," Really? She didn't tell me she'll leave with us."

She nodded, "She informed me this morning, you know that girl has been trying to be an enemy of progress between us."

I smiled before lifting my brows,"Which progress?"

She slapped my hand before I instructed the driver to stop at Bimpe's junction.

"Where is this girl?" Kikiope questioned as she looked around without any sign of Bimpe, it wasn't until we heard the bang from the back did we realise she was around.

"Open the boot oo," she shouted and I shook my head.

Few seconds later, she joined us in the car.

"Hi people," she revealed her teeth as she inched her way to our middle.

"You told me you won't go back today," I started and she smiled.

"I was only joking, though it's as if I shouldn't leave home but education comes first."

"So, you know that?" Kikiope asked with wriggling brows.

Bimpe turned to her, "Of course, I'm not like you."

They went on with their chatter till we got to school, the school environment was very silent, it was apparent others hadn't resumed yet whereas others were on holiday except the SS2.