chapter 32

KIKIOPE

I was arranging my bag when I heard a knock from the door, dropping the bag on the table, I walked out of my room to open the door for whoever it was amongst my friends.

"Didn't expect you guys to come early," I smiled as I opened the door widely for them to come in.

"Something that I've been anticipating since you told me," Doyin replied as she walked into the house.

"You know we can't come late so the school won't find out," Abee replied before following suit while I closed the door.

"Apparently, we were the first ones to get here," Doyin pointed out and I nodded before Abee sat on the couch.

"I'm still arranging my bag though," I told them and Doyin decided to follow me while Abee stayed in the living room.

"So, when will we get back?" Doyin inquired while I arranged the few clothes I was taking with me in the bag.

"Sunday but won't the school start searching for you before then?"

She sat on the bed before replying, "This time we didn't leave the school without permission."

I lifted my brows with a hint of surprise, "Really?"

"Yeah, we told them we had an emergency at home," she replied with a nod.

I shook my head,"You're something else."

Just then Bimpe walked in, "Hey guys," she shrieked with excitement dancing all over her, apparently, she was elated about the whole weekend get away thing.

"When did you come?" Doyin asked.

"Just now with Kunmi."

I dropped my bag upon hearing that, then I twitched my brows, "Did I hear with Kunmi?"

Doyin clapped sarcastically, "You heard right oo, hmmm, it seems..."

Bimpe cut in, "Seems what? We just met at the gate and your dirty mind is already travelling to another thing."

"Hmmmm," Doyin and I chanted in unison while Bimpe eyed us. Minutes later, we all walked out of the room to join others, it was at that time that Khalid and Abimbola walked in.

"Why is she here?" Bimpe questioned upon sighting Abimbola.

"Don't tell me she's going with us ooo?" Doyin shouted and I made a gesture with my hand for them to move closer before I whispered into their ears, after minutes of talking, they nodded.

"Your friends are here?" Mama D asked I'm surprise as she walked out of her room.

"Yeah, we are going out with Sugar Boy," I replied, and she frowned at me, well, she'd told me to stop calling him that but the fact that the owner of the nickname liked it, I didn't stop.

"Oh, you didn't..." Then her eyes trailed to Abimbola's before it came back to me with a questioning look, just as I opened my mouth to explain, Sugar Boy stepped out of the room.

"You all are ready?" He asked.

"Yeah," we chorused in ecstasy.

💢💢💢💢💢💢

Immediately Sugar Boy left, we all went to our respective rooms. Two rooms actually, one for the males and the other for the females, though he wanted us to stay in separate rooms, but we decided against it.

"Wow, this room is big oo," Bimpe commented as we all stepped into the wide room.

"When you don't stay in a big house why won't it surprise you?" Abimbola muttered but it was audible enough for us to hear.

Bimpe snapped her head back to her, "Are you talking to me?"

She shrugged in response.

"You wouldn't even dare," Bimpe told her before she followed Doyin and I as we dropped our small bags in the medium-sized wardrobe that was directly in front of the king-sized bed, truth be told, the room was a very spacious one, obviously one of the VIP room, Sugar Boy is really spending his money.

He'd paid for all our expenses for the three days we'll be spending at Obasanjo Library, and he even gave me extra cash in case of necessity.

Doyin slumped on the bed alongside Bimpe before I also joined them while Abimbola sat on the bubble chair beside the bed, good thing she knew her place.

"What's really exciting you about this place?" Doyin asked Bimpe who was right beside her.

"I'm free from the troubles at home now."

I rolled over to my side, "Wait, your mom is already feeling better right?"

"Yeah," she nodded with a small smile.

"So, guys, let's go and catch fun," Doyin suggested as she got down from the bed.

"Yeah, let's inform the guys," I said before getting down, and then we all walked out of the room while Abimbola trailed behind us.

After informing the guys, we all decided to go for sight seeing around the Presidential library.

"That's the tennis court," I told Khalid as I grabbed his hand while Abimbola glared at me, ignoring her, I held unto his hand.

"You want us to play right?" He asked and I nodded, then I waved at Doyin and Abee who were right behind us, they did the same to Bimpe and Kunmi too.

"You know I always whoop your ass in this game yet you insist on playing it," Khalid jested.

I pursed my lips, "That's not true."

He shrugged, "The game would determine it right?"

"Yeah," then I turned to the others, all the while Abimbola kept glaring at me but this is just the beginning.

"So, It's me against Khalid, you guys should take one side," I told the others, and they agreed, Bimpe and Doyin decided to take my side while the boys decided to go with Khalid, as expected Abimbola would take Khalid's side.

He was talking with Abimbola when I pulled him away from her, she lifted her brows at me and I gave her a crook smile.

"I won't take it easy on you oo," I joked, and he chuckled before Bimpe interrupted.

"So, if Kikiope should win, Khalid would carry her and if Khalid should win, he'll  slap her, agreed?"

I turned to Bimpe who gave me a reassuring smile before I looked back at Khalid who smiled at me. Well, he wouldn't dare slap me sha.

"Agreed," Abimbola was the first to shout and I eyed her. It'll surely shock her today. After the agreement, the game started.

Not quite long, I was the first to score a point, the girls screamed except Abimbola who glared at me but her glare increased when she saw me run to Khalid and jump on him, I gave her a sly smile and she shot me daggers.

The game continued and at the end of it, Khalid had the highest points, Abimbola snickered at this as she nudged Khalid to slap me. He walked up to me and I lifted my brows.

"You want to slap me?" I pointed at my chest and he shook his head.

He smiled, "Of course not," then he trailed his hand on my cheeks.

"Slap her na!" Abimbola shrieked.

"Better shut up!" Doyin retorted and she eyed her.

"Your girlfriend is telling you to slap me oo," I jested and Khalid laughed before I draped my hand around his shoulder.

Abimbola scowled at me but I smirked at her before adjusting my hand on Khalid's shoulder, then I smiled at Khalid who wore a surprised look at my sweetness. This is just the beginning.

What do you think of this chapter?
Remember. to vote and comment