chapter 31

KIKIOPE

We both erupted into laughter and that seemed to grip the attention of our teacher popularly known as 'Stone face' 'cause he was always frowning, he was writing our Maths note on the board, I don't understand how Maths became a note oo, ever since he took over our Maths from Mr. Adeyoyo, he places himself high and the stupid man is still a new teacher.

"Who laughed just now?" He barked and the whole class which had been silent since his arrival became more silent as you could hear a pin drop.

He turned to our row while Bimpe and I quickly looked away.

"The voice came from this place, tell me who laughed just now?" He thundered and the students on my row started murmuring.

"Every one of you should stand up!"

Movement of table and chairs were heard as we all got on our feet.

"You know I don't take nonsense in my class, if you guys don't want to die, start confessing now!" He roared and murmurs erupted from the whole class. They were all scared of him, ever since he'd arrived, he'd laid down his bluffing rules that were so terrifying to others and since then whenever he enters our class, silence always overshadowed everything.

"You don't want to confess abi, every one of you ..."

"Sir, it's Kikiope and Bimpe," the only stupid person on my row which was none other than Abimbola confessed.

"What took you so long to confess?" He shouted while glaring at her.

"It..."

"Shut up! Others can seat, the goats named Kikiope and Bimpe should come out!" He bellowed.

Bimpe and I glanced at each other before ambling towards him.

"You're even cat walking?" He yelled, and yet we didn't increase our pace, he brought out his long cane known as 'Egba Versace' from the side of the teachers table, the cane always followed him around, infact it was his best friend 'cause he rarely talked to other teachers too.

"I was teaching you and you were laughing in my class, tell me is it the maths that is funny or what?"

"Not like you were teaching us," Bimpe who was beside me mumbled.

"What did you say?" He glared at her while the cane dangled in his hand.

We didn't respond but rather kept on gaping at him, that seemed to fuel his anger and he went on rambling.

"You know I warned every one of you when I joined this school, emi egba Versace, if this cane should land on you, I swear you'll go to hell, you'll die straight away, see, I was born to kill students oo and I don't give any damn, I killed a lot of students in my last school and no one dare confront me, if your parents should come, I'll kill all of you together, but today oku meji a ba olorun le(Two ghosts will greet the Lord), Start saying your last prayer," he kept on bluffing while Bimpe and I only stared at him without any hint of remorse.

"See the way they're looking at me, hey, oya come here," he pointed at me and I stepped closer to him.

"Do you want to enter me? Oya, hold that table and bend your back," he instructed and I moved closer to the table, holding the edge of the table, he straightened his sleeves and rubbed his hand all over the cane before shaking it.

"What's all this serenre?" I muttered to myself while watching his display with the cane.

"Oya bend your back, I'm sure when this thing lands on your back, your spinal cord will look for help, oya do something!" He shouted and I arched my brows while staring at him, it's not as if my back wasn't bent or I wasn't holding the table, so, why the noise?