chapter 19

KIKIOPE

"Mama D isn't coming back today?" Sugar boy asked as he walked out of my mother's room after changing into a casual cloth, Moye and I were in the living room watching film.

"She isn't," Moye replied while I fixed my eyes on the TV.

"But it's New Year's Eve, won't she go to church?"

Moye and I erupted into laughter while he looked at us in perplexity.

"Even though it's New Year's Eve Mama D doesn't go to church, she spends her time at the bar, the bar is her church," Moye answered when we finally stopped laughing.

"Well, I guess there are some people that do New Year at bars and so on," Felix said.

Moye bobbed her head, "Yeah and Mama D isn't an exception."

Sugar boy picked up the bottle of groundnut on the centre table while I raised my brows, I stared at him as he opened the bottle and immediately he threw the groundnut into his mouth, he coughed.

I chuckled before turning back to the TV, but he kept on coughing and Moye quickly scrambled to her feet.

"Kikiope, get him some water," she instructed, I stood up reluctantly before walking into the kitchen, though we had a water dispenser in the living room but I decided to punish sugar boy by going to the kitchen.

I picked up a plastic cup from the rack and filled it with tap water even though the tap water wasn't meant for drinking, then my eyes landed on the grinded pepper, I smiled mischievously before adding a small amount of the pepper into the water.

"Hurry," Moye waved at me and I obeyed.

Sugar boy collected the cup from me immediately and as he gulped it down quickly, he coughed again before spitting out the water. I smiled crookedly as he looked up at me.

"Why did you add pepper to the water?"

I wrinkled my nose as Moye turned to me in surprise, "Did you do that?"

I shrugged.

"Do you want to kill me?"

I gave a half shrug before going back to the settee. With the corner of my eyes, I saw him walk back into Mama D's room while Moye joined me.

"You didn't have to do that, it's a wicked act," she criticized.

I furrowed my brows before turning to her, "I noticed you've gotten close to Sugar Boy  and I know you're not that stupid, tell me did that guy bewitch you?"

She pursed her lips, "Bewitch ko Bewitch nii, can't you see he's a cool guy and he has good intentions?"

I raised my brows, "Good intentions uhn, abi you're already falling for this guy?"

She made a vomiting gesture, "Ew, I have a boyfriend remember."

I lifted my arms in a shrug, "Who knows? Your feelings might just change."

She rolled her eyes, "This guy is way older than me, and he's our Mom's boyfriend, I'm not up for old guys."

I raised my brows, "Your taste can change na."

She chuckled, "Changer nii, I have a loving boyfriend whom I love wholeheartedly."

"Pele oo."

She stuck out her tongue, "Anyway, talking about boyfriends, tell me when will you have one?"

I pursed my lips, "You've come again oo."

"What's come again there, look at you, you've never had a crush let alone boyfriend when your mates already have a hundred ex."