chapter 63

KIKIOPE

"When did you get back?" I queried as we both inched our ways to the two-seater.

"Not quite long, I didn't see anyone at home, what of Mama D and her boyfriend?" She inquired as she plopped on the chair while I joined her.

"They went out oo."

"To where?"

A creepy smile crept up my face and Moye raised her brows, "Guess."

She rolled her eyes, "Just talk, which one is guess?"

I readjusted my sitting position," They went to his parents place."

She puckered her brows, "Whose parents?"

I pursed my lips," Se your mummy has parents nii abi which stupid question is that? Sugar Boy's parents na."

She cocked her head, "Oh, why did they go there?"

"What could be the reason?" I replied her and she eyed me.

"Just talk abi which one is all this?"

I eyed her in return before responding, "They're getting married."

She fluttered her lashes twice before her eyes widened, "Who and who?"

"Are you stupid nii?" I frowned at her and she turned to me squarely.

"You mean your mummy is getting married?"

I pursed my lips," She's not your mummy abi? You heard me right, they'll be getting married by July."

She clapped, "Wow, that's wow," a smile appeared on her face and I rolled my eyes.

"But how did it happen?" She inquired.

"Are you asking me? When your mother comes back you can ask her oo."

She slapped the throw pillow on my head and I glared at her.

"Anyway, how has your life been?" She queried.

"Fine," I replied succinctly and that earned me a glare from Moye, I knew what she wanted but I decided to play with her.

"Which one is fine? Abeg talk jare," she slapped the throw pillow on my laps and I eyed her.

"Nothing much, just the normal way of life," I shrugged.

She shook her head, "So, no difference at all, you're so boring."

"You know I'm the opposite."

"Whatever," she gave a dismissive wave of her hand and I chuckled.

"There's actually something."

Her head snapped towards me quickly and I burst into laughter.

"Talk if you don't want me to kill you," she threatened and I smiled before straightening up then my mind wandered back to what had been happening lately. Khalid.

"This one that you're smiling yii, hmm," she tickled me and I quickly slapped her hand away.

"Anyway, there's this guy..."

She cut in, "There's a guy, like my sister can actually say that, there's a guy in Kikiope's life, Let's ke hallelujah Meje" Moye shouted and I resisted the urge to slap her face. Why is she exaggerating?

"You don't want to listen abi?" I asked in a menacing way, and she quickly calmed down. Then I narrated the whole thing to her.

After minutes of shouting and smiling, Moye turned to me, "So, what's his name?"