chapter 6

Happy birthday to my little pumpkin Nifemi2831. I decided to post this chapter because of her, we've decided not to read anything today. So, let's go

KHALID

I walked into her room after her response, while packing her full hair she turned to me with an angelic smile that warmed my heart, she was way beautiful this morning, most times after she just recovered from any sickness or stress, the aftermath was always an addition to her beauty.

"You seem okay this morning?" I queried while sitting by the edge of her bed.

She jumped up and smiled, "Yeah, I'm now as agile as a monkey."

I chuckled before replying, "Wait, that's the voice of the pap seller, should I call her?"

"Nooo, like I want good food, since Friday, I've been drinking pap, help me cook maybe fried rice."

I scoffed, "You now have mouth to talk abi, this time yesterday and the day before yesterday, you were groaning, and I was mopping your stomach."

She eyed me before throwing her comb at me and I dodged it, "You're mocking me abi, it's not your fault, it's because you're a guy if not you'll know how painful my period is."

"I know it, like since six years now, I'm always the one taking care of you since you started menstruating so, I share the pain with you."

She gave a dismissive wave of her palm, "Whatever, I want to eat good food, let me go and prepare fried rice, you must have your bath before I return oo," she pulled her ear like someone talking to her child and I found it cute.

A smile crept up my face, she took a glance at me before leaving the room and I left her room too and went to the guest room which  was practically my room to take my bath.

I've been at Kikiope's place since Friday, we didn't go to school so far she always missed school whenever her period started, she was someone who always had pains without eating anything for the first two days except pap and with her Mom not always being around most times, I had to stay with her, it was only after I mopped her stomach that she do get a good sleep.

Today being a Sunday she didn't go to church according to the doctrine of the celestial church, so, we didn't have anywhere to go, my parents were on a business trip as usual and my Aunt had rounds at the hospital.

Minutes later, I got dressed in a blue shorts on a white top and decided to join her in the kitchen.

"Ehhss, thank you, don't help me with the food, go and clean the sitting room," she commanded and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Do I look like your child?"

"Go and cross your legs then, useless boy, you cannot do anything," she punctuated it with a hiss as she used the napkin to clean her wet hand, she eyed me before walking out of the kitchen. I chuckled and followed suit.

"God saved you that the living room is clean."

"I'm not a baby like you," I retorted, and she pouted before sitting on the couch.

We engaged in a discussion till the food got done, after serving the food, we sat on the dining chair and continued the discussion before the power agencies interrupted.

"Up NEPA!!!" Kikiope shouted with so much joy that you'll think she won a lottery.

"See the way you're shouting like a kid," I mocked, and she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, I haven't been able to watch film since Friday so, you expect me not to be happy," she got up before I could respond and proceeded to switch on the TV but the power supply was interrupted.