chapter 66

KHALID

"Where is our own?" I questioned Bimpe who only smiled sheepishly at me before answering.

"If your girlfriend is kind enough then you'll get your share, but for now I only brought Kunmi's food," she ended it with a sly smile before serving her own food too, leaving Abee and I salivating.

"Oga oo, we that our girlfriend didn't do home management practical now won't eat abi?" Abee voiced out.

"Who is the we? As far as I'm concerned, you're the only one here whose girlfriend didn't do practical," I retorted, and he glared at me.

"We are not different, we are both hungry right now while Kunmi is busy eating ravenously like the wolf he his without considering our feelings."

That finally got a response from Kunmi who had been quiet and focused on his food all the while, "Did I koba you?"

Abee opened his mouth to reply but I beat him to it, "What of Kikiope?"

"She's on my head, how many times will I tell you she's still serving the teachers?" Bimpe snarled before taking a sip from her orange juice.

"What of Doyin?" Abee queried before I could reply Bimpe and it was crystal clear his question was meant to get a reaction from Bimpe and she didn't fail in doing so.

She dropped her plastic cup and clapped sarcastically, "So, I look like girlfriend keeper now abi, how many times will I tell you she's helping Kikiope pack her loads? Oga ooo? If any of you should ask me any stupid question again ehn?"

"Are you okay?" Kunmi queried and Bimpe cast him a bemused look.

"What do you mean?"

"You said not to ask a stupid question, so, I'm trying to sound reasonable."

Bimpe pursed her lips, "It's like the pepper in that soup is getting into your head, did I direct my words to you?"

A tugging smile appeared on Kunmi's face as he proceeded to respond but the appearance of Kikiope and Doyin stopped him from talking.

"You guys are not eating?" Kikiope questioned as she looked from me to Abee.

"Bimpe didn't give us food oo, she's been rubbing it on our face since," Abee replied and Bimpe eyed him.

"Am I your girlfriend?" She shot back.

"Don't worry, we brought food for you unlike Bimpe," Kikiope interjected as she placed the cooler I hadn't noticed on the table while Doyin dropped the basket on the table too.

"See, you'll enjoy than Kunmi, starting from your appetizer, we have watermelon drink and small chops, main dish is coconut rice and chicken and dessert is meat pie and coconut milk," Kikiope explained and Abee literally screamed his lungs out while I smiled.

"Just because of food you're behaving like an animal," Bimpe fired while eyeing him.

"Are we not animals? It's just that we're higher ones," Abee retorted and Bimpe glared at him.

"Time for food oo," I shouted.

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢
"I can't believe we want to study together for what we're rivalling for," I started as we both headed to the library.

She gave a short laugh, "Like we're actually going there to study."

I smiled, "But then, today is Wednesday, why can't they just allow us go to our clubs and societies or rather have socials?"

She turned to me, "Exam is fast approaching, we did talent hunt last week remember?"

"But you should have convinced them for socials this week."