chapter 68

Exams ended four days back and our school decided to give the SS2 a week break; the break being the last week of the term which means we won't have to go home during the holiday but rather spend the holiday in school preparing for our GCE.

The children parliament also called for our visit to the United Kingdom, currently we were in London. Today being our third day in London, they'd decided to give us a break to tour around after spending two days attending workshops, seminars and the House of Parliament.

"You guys should stop na," Bimpe stomped her feet on the floor while I laughed.

"What are we stopping?" Khalid questioned and she scowled at him.

"Stop all your lovey-dovey, just because Kunmi isn't here now, oga oo," she hissed before increasing her pace while Khalid and I laughed.

"Here, I need to buy books from the house of Parliament shop," I dragged his hand and headed towards the store.

We strolled to the bookshop and I marvelled at the number of books there.

"You can't pack all the books so stop grinning," Khalid said and I eyed him before my hand raked through the shelf trying to think of books to pick.

After few seconds of thinking, I started picking the books and I could see the looks Khalid kept dashing me.

"Do you want to buy the whole bookshop?"

I shrugged, "If possible."

"You're impossible," he replied and I ignored him before continuing my purchasing.

"You'll spend all your money on books oo," he warned and I lifted my shoulder in a half shrug.

He kept quiet for some minutes while I still continued my purchasing.

"See, others are waiting for us outside," he grabbed my hand and I glared at him.

"Leave me alone na," I said on top of my voice, but he only dragged me to the counter.

I didn't miss the look the part-timer gave me after seeing the amount of books I picked.

"You must be a book lover," she started with a smile and I returned the smile.

"Yeah."

After the transactions, we walked out of the store only to meet Bimpe's glare.

"So, you guys went there to give birth abi?"

"You're not okay," I replied before her eyes travelled down to the bags with me.

Something wet and soft on my cheeks made me pry my eyes open, my face broke into a grin upon sighting Khalid.

"It's night already?" I queried while looking around the room.

"Yeah," he nodded and I frowned.

"And you didn't wake me for dinner, you know how I've been complaining about hunger since morning, when did I even sleep gan, wh..."

The feel of his lips on mine cut me short, a small smile appeared on my face before I wrapped my hands around his neck and eased into the kiss, I'd been meaning to kiss him since morning but that stupid pest called Bimpe always stopped us even before it started and she didn't fail to do that now as I heard the sound of the door.

"Oga oo, we that our boyfriend isn't here should jump the rooftop abi?" Her stupid voice boomed as she clapped her hands sarcastically.

Khalid broke the kiss while I glared daggers at Bimpe and she smirked.

"See the way she's looking at me as if she wants to strangle me, asewo oshi, I'm suppose to strangle the both of you with all the lovey-dovey you've been doing since all this days forgetting my presence," she spat while I erupted into laughter.