Friend

"Good. I appreciate you for being so loyal." the hooded figure sat up. "return here at the same time in two days."

He left the room.

It was midnight again, and Pierce and Keith had left the command post to report to their leader.

"Hey, Keith?" Pierce asked.

"What?"

"Have you thought at all about Arlo's vision?"

"No. What is there to think about?"

"Fair enough." Pierce lied.

They sat in the small room for a couple minutes.

The Miseia is a secret society that was made to make sure that Vaequilians stay in control of Zealorians.

It's an organization that works to keep the two...

alive, in a sense.

So... why is Keith here?

"Hey," Pierce called to Keith, breaking the silence, "why are you in the Miseia?"

"You're asking a lot of questions today." Keith scoffed, but Pierce could tell he was thinking about it.

Keith sighed as he turned to him.

"I joined this group because I was assigned to." Pierce stated. "So, what about you?"

"I guess... I joined for my sister. She's scared the Vaequilians will attack. I feel like things are best the way they are now, both sides having some peace with each other..." Keith sighed.

"I feel like... if Vaequilians took over, then everyone would have to live up to their harsh ideals. If Zealorians tried to take over - which, everyone knows that's never happening - then it would all just be chaos. Zealorians don't have strength. All that would happen is they would try to attack, only to provoke Vaequiles into doing some deadly damage." Keith said as he sat up.

"Don't you see? Your sister is in fear because of the way things are right now. Keeping it like this will only keep her afraid."

"What?" Keith had a look of annoyance in his face.

"If you were really working for your sister, then you would be working to destroy the root of his fear; Vaequiles, or, you would be trying to... unite the two."

"You can't tell me what to think. I'm doing these things for my sister. Who are you to tell me what's right and wrong?"

"I'm your friend."

"I never thought of you as a friend."

Keith began to walk out of the room.

Just as he was about to leave through the door, Pierce spoke.

"Then... are Arlo, Claire, and Troy your friends?"

"Mind your own problems, Pierce." Keith walked out of the door.

Pierce clenched his fists.

Even when he had possessed an entire village and attacked Arlo, Keith wasn't hold back. He used his spells in a clear attempt to kill Arlo and his friends.

How could someone care not even for their closest friends?