Two Traitors

Pierce put on his helmet as they approached the royal palace and secured his white shield on his arm.

There they stood, two massive armies standing face to face. Every soldier was tensed, waiting for the call to the inevitable fight.

A few minutes passed, and Eunice shifted.

"Attack!" Eunice yelled, and the soldiers began charging towards palace.

Pierce blocked a strike by an enemy and struck him down.

"Go!" he yelled as he readied his sword.

Pierce watched Claire send balls of flame at the enemy.

He turned to get back into the fight.

Pierce was caught off guard by an arrow, which hit him in the arm.

He turned to find someone in a cloak, nocking an arrow in his direction.

A Miseian.

Pierce didn't have to see his face to know who it was. There was only one Miseian who was properly trained in combat.

Keith.

He was quickly walking, weaving through soldiers to get to him, shooting towards him with arrows.

Pierce blocked them with his shield.

Keith was now only about a yard away.

"I'll send you to hell myself, you betraying bastard!" Keith cried as he dashed at him with a knife.

Pierce easily jumped out of the way.

Keith wasn't aware that Pierce had a background in combat.

"You won't win against me." Pierce lifted his shield.

"Yeah, right."

Pierce dropped his shield and sword on the ground and spread his arms to taunt him.

"Try me."

Keith took a stab in the direction of Pierce's neck, who promptly caught the attacker's arm.

Keith grinned as he dropped his knife and caught it with his other hand to try and catch him with another attack.

Before the knife could reach him, Pierce twisted Keith's arm and bashed his other elbow down on it, breaking it in an instant.

Keith cried in pain as he fell to the floor.

"You shouldn't have stayed with the Miseians." Pierce kicked his shield back up from the ground and grabbed it to block a strike from another enemy soldier.

The battle went on for another twenty minutes before more soldiers were coming in to defend the palace.

The plan was working.

Pierce readied himself for more soldiers.

It's all up to you now,  Arlo!