Stealth Plan

Gale stood up as Khai, Caitlyn, and Chelsea walked into the command post.

In the room were Gale, Eunice, Alice, Keith, and Hound.

"Hello. You're the tacticians from Faegris, right?"

The "tacticians" looked at each other with surprise.

"Tacticians? Huh... I guess we've earned a title." Khai smiled.

"Again, I would like to thank you for joining us." Gale smiled.

"We're all here for our own reasons." Caitlyn said.

They all settled down at the table.

"So, you know why you're here, right?"

"Well... besides to lead in strategizing, we don't really..."

"You're here because we have no other way of launching an attack on the Vaequilian Royale Palace."

"Oh? Have you created any plans yet?"

Alice titled her head.

"Well, so far we have decided on using the tunnel systems for battle. We will send the archers as they are trained for close combat - mainly for stealth purposes, kind of like an assassin.
"

"Well... some noteworthy details is that they tend to put up less defenses up around the palace during the night..."

"How do you know this?" Eunice was obviously intrigued.

"Well... we've tried stealing from there. We didn't manage to get in but... maybe this time with the help of trained soldiers we can." Caitlyn smiled.

"Wait, you guys have Claire, right?" Chelsea spoke up.

"Uh... yeah?"

Chelsea leaned forward on the desk.

"Then perhaps we could put an invisibility spell on the archers to increase their levels of stealth?"

Eunice snapped her fingers.

"Smart!" she exclaimed.

Chelsea continued.

"We should also bring some swordsmen for backup. They would stay in the tunnels unless they are needed."

"So... this is still a mission meant to check the defenses and area as it was originally, right?" Arlo asked.

"No. This will be an attack." Gale put his fist down on the table, "We don't have much time left.

"We don't have many mages that are good at stealth spells, so it looks like it will be just Claire and Eunice's soldiers."

"Actually, I'm pretty sure Claire had been teaching some spells to Sara." Arlo commented.

"That's good to know. We'll see if Sara is willing to go- albeit she has to know the stealth spell. The attack will be tomorrow. Understood?"

They all stood up.

"These are the stepping stones on our path to defeating Vaequiles!"

Arlo noticed Keith walk out of the room.

Right...

Defeating Vaequiles...