Treacherous 43

"Quand on a pas ce que l'on aime, il faut aimer ce que l'on a."

Exhausted from the day, Lisa opened the front door. The lights were already on, indicating that Jungkook might be home too.

It's been a month since their trip to Jeju.

Nothing eventful happened in the past four weeks. But Lisa tried her best to stay busy. As in, busy to keep her mind off of things. Most of the time, she would stay late in the office, especially since a week ago, Jisoo was gone for the business trip. She's back by next week, thankfully. At least then Lisa would have someone whom she can remove her mask in front of.

But then again, it will never be the same for her. After her talk with her mother a month ago, she knew things won't be the same. What she feels about this whole situation will never be the same. The way she sees him will never be the same.

She's been trying to distance herself from him, subtly trying to avoid being alone in the same room with him.

Jungkook's been busy. His schedule was packed, so her avoiding him was a lot easier. He didn't seem to notice her change of behaviour around him as they rarely see each other these past few weeks. The only time they see each other was at breakfast. At night, they come home at a different time. And it was always him who arrives later than she does.

But this time, he's early. She stopped in her tracks when she saw the person in the living room.

"J-Jennie Eonnie?" The surprise was evident in her voice.

Jennie and her daughter, Yoonji, were currently sitting in the living room. And by the smell of food and the sound that's coming from the kitchen, she can tell someone's working there. The said woman turned to her before smiling. "Mara! Hi!"

"Eonnie," she walked closer and gave Jennie a hug. "Hello... uhm it's a surprise to see you here."

"Yeah, it was short notice." Jennie smiled.

"Jen Noona," both the ladies shifted their gaze to where the voice came from. They watched as Jungkook descended from upstairs and walked towards them. "The guest room is ready for you. Yoonji's nannies had also settled in the other guest room."

Wait, what?

"Thank you so much Jungkook," Jennie thanked the younger. "Don't worry, we're only here for a week. I hope you don't mind Mara. Our house is currently under renovation, you see. I mentioned it to Jungkook and he kindly offered to let us stay here for a while."

Jungkook nodded.

"Oh," Lisa said, feeling a little bit uneasy. "O-of course I don't mind, eonnie. We're glad to help."

"They were supposed to stay at my parents' house. But then mother said it's better if they stay with us since our home is closer to Yoongi hyung's company." Jungkook explained as he went closer to her. He then turned to his noona once more.

"Thank you, you two. Really. It's only for a week. We'll be flying back to New Zealand after." Jennie said. Yoonji suddenly squealed, catching their attention.

"Dada... da!" The little girl wailed, now taking notice of the absence of her father in the room. Suddenly the toys she has were not interesting anymore.