Treacherous 8

"Dum Spiro, spero."
--

After breakfast with Chaeyoung, Lisa finally arrived at LSA Holdings Inc. She stared at the beautiful building in front of her, mesmerized by its appearance and aura.

"Hey, Lisa!" Lisa turned her head to see Chaeyoung looking at her through the passenger seat window.

"Yeah?" Lisa asked.

"I won't be able to pick you up tonight because I have to return this car that I borrowed back later. Will you be okay with that?" Chaeyoung asked her worriedly.

"It's okay. I'll manage. I'll take a cab or something. Don't worry about me." Lisa assured the orange-haired girl.

"Okay then. Good luck!" Chaeyoung smiled at her.

"Thanks, Chae!" She answered, mirroring her best friend's grin. With that, Chaeyoung left.

She looked back towards the building.

"Well here goes nothing," Lisa muttered before walking towards the entrance of the company building.

She barely has memories of being here at LSA. She was too young before remembering the times that she stepped a foot inside her father's company.

The moment she stepped inside, eyes were on her again just like when she was at the hotel. The employees followed her with their eyes as she walked towards the elevator. She's still uncomfortable with gazes on her every action but there's nothing she can do about that. She just has to ignore them.

"Mara, you're back." She turned her head to the direction of the voice. Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion, not recognizing who the person was.

"Yes, I am." Was all she could say to the guy. His vibrant red hair was distracting too.

When she thought he's gonna drop the conversation after her answer, he asked another question. "How was your trip?"

"Alright." Was her one-word reply. The elevator dinged before it opened, saving her from the awkward talk just in time. Employees quickly emptied the elevator as soon as they saw her figure standing in front of the elevator. She went inside as soon as the last person left.

She stood inside the elevator for a few seconds, waiting for the others to get in as well but they just stood there, not moving at all. She was about to speak when the red-haired guy came in and pressed the close button of the elevator.

"Aren't they gonna come in?" She asked the guy, confused as to why he just closed the door with just the two of them when there's plenty of room for more people.

"You don't like riding with employees. Didn't you said that before?" The red-haired guy spoke.

Oh.

She didn't answer him and kept quiet after that. There's still a lot of things to know about Mara indeed. Every detail, both big and small, is important for her to know.

"Why are you so quiet around me so suddenly? Did Jungkook and you fight again? Bad mood?" The guy asked before the sound of ringing filled the entire elevator. She looked at the guy through her peripheral vision, wondering if this guy is someone important to Mara. He seemed to be close to her.

"Hello? ... Hoseok speaking. What can I do for you?" She heard him say to the person calling on his phone.

Wait... Hoseok?

The name rang a bell to Lisa and so she tried to remember where she had heard that name before. Seconds later, it finally hit her.

Is it... Jung Hoseok?