Treacherous 62

"Fais ce qui te semble bien."

A/N: Here's another update. Also, just wanna tell you that I like how interactive you guys are in the comments! 🤍

"Someone doesn't look too happy."

Jungkook looked up to see Taehyung casually strolling in his office. The older sat down on the seat right in front of his desk, clad in a simple outfit. Jungkook removed his glasses and dumped them on the table in a little bit careless manner. He rubbed his eyes.

"Secretary Lee just casually let you in huh?" Jungkook mumbled.

"Yeah, it's one of my privileges here," Taehyung smirked. But then he turned serious upon noticing that look on Jungkook's face. "What's wrong? Are you and Mara still not okay?"

"We're... fine now," he replied. For some unknown reason, he hesitated. He doesn't know why but there's an odd feeling still lingering in his chest with regards to Mara right now. Like something's missing. It's kinda still confusing him.

However, he tried not to show it. "She and I had some quality time together yesterday afternoon."

"Eww. That's TMI, Jungkookie," Taehyung grimaced at the thought. Jungkook stared at his hyung with an unamused expression, immediately getting what the older had in mind.

"That's not it! Why would that be the first thing that comes to your mind?" Jungkook groaned, feeling his cheeks heat up.

"Oh. It's not? Oh shoot. Sorry," Taehyung chuckled, feeling his ears also reddened in embarrassment. "I mean you're a couple so you can't blame me!"

Was "quality time" meant to be that for a couple now?

"You've been hanging around Namjoon hyung a lot weren't you?" Jungkook shook his head.

"Uhhh," Taehyung cleared his throat, thinking the younger might be right about being around Namjoon too much. He decided to change the subject before it gets too awkward. "Anyway, you don't seem to look happy right now? What's wrong?"

"Well, I haven't heard from Namjoon hyung in a while," Jungkook confessed.

"Really?"

"Yeah. He's not answering my calls nor responding to my messages," Jungkook confirmed.

"But I just talked to him this morning though? I called him and he answered in two rings," Taehyung told him with a confused look on his face.

"What?" Jungkook was just as confused as Tae now. If that's the case, then why was he being ignored by that hyung of theirs?

Now, what's going on?

~*~

"Lis! Your phone's ringing!"

"And it ended. You got a message though!" Jimin's loud voice resonated and Lisa had to pause what she was doing on her laptop. Jisoo also looked away from her own screen and watched her go to the living room to retrieve her phone.

"Who is it?" Jisoo asked when she got back.

"Mara," Lisa uttered her twin's name. Mara finally contacted the older after declining her call on the night of her moving back to the Jeon mansion. Opening the message, it read:

Mara:
Meet me at my favourite restaurant at lunchtime.

"You're going?" Jisoo raised an eyebrow at her. "The boys updated me earlier and told me of her arrival at LSA."