Treacherous 73

A/N: Prepare for this one.

_______________________________________

"Aimer, c'est savoir dire je t'aime sans parler."

-

She's back.

When he walked inside the LSA building for the first time as the new Chairman of the company, meeting her was the last thing he had expected.

Their eyes met.

For a few seconds, he felt it again, the flutter. He finally saw the same doll eyes that he used to adore so much.

He knew exactly it was her. He can't be wrong or even confuse this time.

His heart immediately knows.

His steps slowed down.

For a moment, he felt the yearning surge through him. It almost pushed him to take big strides and feel her again, in his arms. With the same scent of vanilla and strawberry, he wanted to feel that same comfort of being close to her again. How her body perfectly mold against him, he remembered too.

She was his world.

And reality then sunk in.

Was.

It was all a lie.

She only toyed with him, with his feelings. After what he told her, after she witness his heart break once, she still decided to make him fall.

And fck, he fell hard.

Harder than his first.

He fell greatly.

And now he suffers from the pain of the truth greatly too.

His great love was all a lie.

It felt like something struck him through his chest as soon as he walked past her. And as though it was an automatic response, memories came crashing onto him like a wild wave.

Everything.

Both good and bad.

It did not help when he heard his name on her lips. It was wanting, soft and delicate. Just as he remembered. But also, now unfamiliar.

Jungkook-ssi.

She did not dare call him the way she used to. It felt like two strangers meeting for the first time.

Hearts were now estranged.

And his was stone-hard and guarded. Just numb from all the pain it felt in the past weeks.

"You came all this way for that?"

He wanted to scoff, scolding himself internally when he thought she would at least acknowledge her sin against him. But she didn't. She was only here for her father. For their family company.

Damn her. She was so cold for that.

But then...

"I am so sorry."