Treacherous 72

A/N: Before you proceed with reading, I just want to tell you that none of you were able to guess who the mole is. Hehehe 😗.

____________________________________

"Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas."
-

"Are you really sure about this, Mr. Manoban?" Jungkook asked for the last time, his pen now just hovering over the agreement as he looked at the man sitting in front of him. Once he signed this piece of paper, there's no turning back now. LSA's majority shareholder will be him.

"I owe LSA's rise again to your family. And with everything that had happened, yes. I'm sure. I know you can take care of LSA. I have trust in you, Jungkook," Mr. Manoban affirmed, gesturing for Jungkook to sign the agreement.

"You know you don't have to give everything to me," Jungkook told the man. "You also worked hard for this company. You build this."

"I have other reasons too. And if you're worried that I won't have anything, don't. I still have a few small business ventures in Thailand. That will be enough for an old man like me," Mr. Manoban assured him.

Jungkook observed the man, trying to see if there was any hint of hesitation from him. There's none.

The Manoban patriarch trusted him completely.

"I cannot stay married to your daughter," he made known, just in case the man still has hope of him staying in that arrangement.

"I know," Mr. Manoban uttered. "And I understand that."

"You won't mind if I do some rearrangement around LSA then once I sign this?"

"Of course not, son. As I said, I trust you will take care of it."

Good.

Jungkook did not speak anymore after that, his focus averting to the paper in front of him. He did not waste any more time and signed it, pen gliding smoothly against the surface.

LSA was now under his care. And he will do as he pleased with it.

Jungkook stood up from his seat and Mr. Manoban did the same. They shook hands.

Namjoon then entered the conference room, his intimidating eagle eyes going from Jungkook to Mr. Manoban.

"He's here," Namjoon stated. "We found him this morning. On a private property near Daejeon. Our tip says he was planning to leave Korea later tonight."

"Bring him in then," Jungkook said. Namjoon nodded and exited. He then gestured for Secretary Lee. "Inform my father and ask him to come here."

"Right away, sir," Secretary Lee left the room.

"Who is here?" Mr. Manoban asked.

"You might want to sit down for this meeting too, sir," Jungkook uttered as he proceeded to sit back down on his leather chair. "I'm sure you will have questions for Madame Olivia's main accomplice in swindling 50 billion won."

Jungkook's father entered. As well as a couple more investigators for the case.

Namjoon reentered too. This time with three more people with him. Two Police officers holding the person they have been looking for since the beginning of this case.