Treacherous 60

"Laisse-moi tranquille."

A/N: I'm getting a strong drive to write this book lmao hopefully it will continue on 🥲

6K away from ONE Million 🦋

"Welcome home, love."

Those three words were not something she would expect to hear from Jeon Jungkook. His endearment was like a foreign word she didn't understand. She looked away, taking her time as she took the steps up. Once she had reached the second floor, she came face-to-face with him.

She looked at him in the eyes, emotionless. She didn't smile nor utter a word.

She glued her feet on the ground as she watched his next move. He came closer to her. She didn't move.

She didn't move even when he cinched his arms around her waist and pulled her to him, hugging her tightly.

"I missed you," he whispered in her ear.

She didn't utter a word. She didn't even move her arms to hug him back. This behaviour was so far away from the Jungkook she knew before. Heck, this was probably the first time she was this close to him.

When he pulled away, he stared at her.

"I'm gonna go change," was all she could muster to say and took a few steps backwards, away from him. She didn't wait for a reply, she just turned around and left him there standing.

Jungkook immediately felt the coldness from her.

What was that?

She was unresponsive. Not even an "I miss you" back. Or even a smile. She was cold. Her eyes held no emotion. What's wrong?

"Maybe she's just tired," he mumbled to himself, trying to stay positive.

Only when Mrs Kim asked Jinhee to call Mara did she got out of the master's bedroom. She was clad in a cozy black oversized hoodie, already showered and all.

She adjusted it before she made her way to the dining area.

She sat down quietly, not making any eye contact with the person sitting at the head of the table.

The two were left alone after she's settled in her seat.

"Let's talk," Jungkook broke the silence.

"I'm hungry," Mara replied. But honestly, she's stalling. She doesn't want to talk.

"Fine. Let's eat first. Then we'll talk," Jungkook sighed, giving in. What can he do? Gotta feed her first or else he's a bad husband.

The dinner didn't have much talking going on as Mara really refused to speak and just focused on eating. She's still perplexed by Jungkook's new behaviour around her. And the fact that she knew of his developed feelings.

That brought her back to her sister. The older's probably confused now that she refused to answer her since she found out of... that. Maybe tomorrow, she'll try. But now, everything's a lot to take in and she cannot say if she can be nice.