Treacherous 18

"Il vaut mieux faire que dire."

A week passed and everything went back to normal. The two became busy with work that they barely see each other at home now. Jungkook became busier with the upcoming meeting with Mr. Park and Lisa's busy with LSA and the hunt for the location of Antoinette's Korean Branch.

"Lisa, Aren't you done yet? You promised to go to the salon with me." Jisoo grumbled while her body was sprawled out on the couch in Lisa's office.

"I'm almost done Eonnie. I just need to read and check this last report." Lisa replied, pushing her glasses up her nose.

"You've been telling me that for the last twenty minutes. Let's go!" Jisoo whined, making the younger chuckled.

But even before Lisa could give her older cousin a reply, a knock was heard on the door before it opened, revealing Miss Ahn, her mother's secretary. Jisoo immediately sat properly, her usual playful expression morphed into a serious one.

"Miss Lalisa, you're mother wanted to see you. Please come with me to her office." Miss Ahn told Lisa. Lisa looked at her Jisoo Eonnie. When Jisoo nods her head, she stood up from her seat.

Miss Ahn turned around and opened the door for Lisa.

The journey to her mother's office was short. It's been three weeks since the last time they talked and saw each other. She doesn't have any idea why she suddenly wants to see her. She tried asking Miss Ahn but the woman just told her that her mother will tell her once they reached the office.

The moment Miss Ahn opened the door to her mother's office, she saw the woman sitting on the couch on the other side of the office. She carefully stepped inside.

"Madame, she's here." Miss Ahn informed. Her mother had her back to them, sitting comfortably and elegantly on the couch.

"Come sit dear." Her mother's voice reverberated in the office. Lisa raised an eyebrow in confusion when her mother called her dear. Last time she checked, her mother can't stand her. And now she's calling her an endearment?

Her mother's secretary gestured her to go and sit down on the opposite couch that's currently empty. And so she did. She took small steps towards the other couch. Once seated, her mother glanced at her form before turning to her secretary.

"I'll get the tea ready and the sweets Madame." Miss Ahn spoke, knowing already what the woman would tell her to do. With that, she left the two alone in the office.

Olivia Manoban turned to her daughter once more, crossing her legs comfortably and placing her left arm on the armrest of the fancy couch that she had installed in her office.

"How have you been?" The woman asked her daughter, her fingers tapping on the armrest so slowly.

Lisa pursed her lips and fidgeted with the hem of her blouse. This was so sudden and she was not prepared.

"I've been well, mother. Thank you for asking." Lisa answered softly. She gulped down the lump in her throat before speaking once more. "What about you, mother? How have you been?"

"Splendid." Olivia smiled.

Miss Ahn came back with a tray in her hands. Lisa watched as the woman gently brought the teapot and a plate of cookies on the table before placing a porcelain teacup in front of her and another one in front of her mother.

"I hope you like a spot of tea Miss Lisa." Miss Ahn told her and Lisa shook her head and mumbling an 'I like it.' to the woman. Her mother's secretary poured her cup before proceeding to pour her mother some tea as well.