Treacherous 16

"Tout ira bien."
--

It was around two hours after Lisa left when Jungkook began to stir from his long sleep. His eyes fluttered open and were immediately greeted by the familiar ceiling of his room.

He slowly sat up and a pained moan escaped his lips when he felt the pounding of his head.

"God, how much did I drink last night?" He muttered to himself while massaging his temples.

He looked at the bedside table and saw his phone, a glass of water, meds and a note. He took the note off the table and proceeded to read it.

I made you some hangover soup to help you with your hangover. Eat it then take the meds. I'll be going to work now.

- Mara.

Mara. He just sat there, staring at the note. She made him something to make him feel better? That's new... and nice of her to do.

He placed the note back on the table and took his phone. He tried to open it but it didn't, probably because the battery drained already. He opened one of the drawers of the bedside table and took out his charger to charge his phone.

Once plugged in, he looked at the clock and it says nine-thirty in the morning.

"I guess I'll just stay at home." He uttered to himself before going to the bathroom to clean himself quickly. A ten-minute shower would do.

But as soon as he was engulfed in a quiet atmosphere once more, his mind couldn't help but wander back to that memory that occurred last night. As much as he doesn't want to think about it or remember it, his mind was stubborn and played back the scenes from last night.

"I'll stay with you Jungkook."

Jungkook closed his eyes when he remembered Heejin's words years ago. Her promise. He stood in the shower, letting the water soothe his muscles while letting his mind torture him with the flashbacks of his now-former girlfriend.

"I won't look at any other man. You're perfect for me."

"Those were all lies now." He whispered with coldness.

Heejin was his first love. They've shared memories. But all those memories went down the drain the moment he found her cheating on him. It was a moment he wanted to forget.

Everything that he believed was the truth turned out to be a lie. A big lie.

He was a fool. A fool in love. And so he was easily deceived.

Can you even call it love?

He doesn't even know anymore. The definition of love had always been a mystery to him. Only one thing was clear to him now though.

Heejin was not meant to be his forever and always.

He knew it was time to move on and leave that behind. As painful as it was. If she was able to forget all that they had by betraying him, then he can forget too. He won't allow himself to suffer. One night of pain is enough.

The ten-minute shower ended and he quickly got dressed. Since he decided not to go to work today, he chose to wear a plain white shirt and sweatpants.

He was walking down the stairs when the doorbell suddenly rang. He went straight to the front door and opened it to see who the unexpected visitor was.

"Mother?" Jungkook questioned in confusion as soon as he saw his mother standing outside his doorsteps.

"Sweetie." His mother smiled before kissing him on the cheek as she would always do.