Treacherous 34

"Nouveau chapitre."

Lisa closed her suitcase as soon as she placed inside her last piece of shirt that she'll bring to the camp.

Today's the day that they'll be going to Jeju Island for the Children's Camp. According to Jungkook when she asked him last weekend, the kids will arrive in Jeju a day before they do since he needed to finish all his paperwork for the week before going there.

"Done packing?" Jungkook asked when he opened the door to her room. She looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah."

The man only nodded before leaving quietly again. She tilted her head as her eyes remained on the now-closed door. He's been quiet in the past couple of days. He doesn't talk to her like before. And if he does, it's always short. And even a little bit formal.

Nonetheless, she didn't speak about it. Maybe, it's a problem at work? Hopefully, he'll be fine when they get there and interact with the kids. As far as she knows, there would be fun activities for the kids to enjoy. And of course for them too.

She pulled her suitcase out of her room before she checked herself in the mirror one last time. She woke up early in the morning to prepare for breakfast and get herself ready. She didn't finish packing last night and so she continued it after her shower.

She found her way to the dining room and saw Jungkook taking a sip on his morning cup of warm chocolate.

"Uhh, are you not gonna eat?" She asked him. "I made some French toasts. There's also some bacon strips and sausages that I cooked. I didn't make fried rice because I kinda prefer not to eat rice when traveling. But if you want, I can make you some?"

Jungkook put down his cup and said, "No, it's fine."

She nodded at his short reply, feeling awkward suddenly. Why? She doesn't know. She just felt that way somehow.

She watched as Jungkook took a piece of French toast and took a bite of it. She sighed and scratched her neck out of uneasiness. Her thoughts were swirling around the question, "Why are we like this?"

She took a sausage and took a bite silently. The air of silence around them was visible, her eyes on Jungkook as the latter check his emails on his phone.

Why is she having a problem now that he's being cold? She's supposed to not think about it this much. She's supposed to be fine with the way he's acting the past couple of days.

Why is she so affected now?

Now that she thought about it, where is that hatred that she felt the first time she met him? Where is it now? She doesn't know.

Maybe because it never really existed? She admits it. She doesn't hate him. She never did. She just disliked the way he acted. That's that. It's not hatred.

Hate has always been a too strong word. She may have used the phrase "I hate you" a few times but she doesn't really mean it. It's an expression that comes out on spur-of-the-moment type of situations. It may be out of anger, out of frustration, or maybe out of silliness.

She knows it's wrong. Hate is wrong. She can't hate anyone. Not even her mother. No matter how cruel she has become, she couldn't bring herself to hate her.

"He has become a good friend." Her subconscious echoed inside her mind. She blinked at that thought. A friend? Is she considering him to be a real friend of hers now?

She did say she wanted to be friends with him. But are they really friends now? Is the feeling mutual? Because for her, she has considered him a friend. She remembered how he comforted her when she cried because of her father. Even without knowing why, he did.