Treacherous 51

"C'est cela l'amour, tout donner, tour sacrifier sans espoir de retour."

It's been five days.

It's been an agonizing five days for Lisa. Here she was, at LSA, and she couldn't even concentrate on her paperwork. She's been staring at the high ceiling for a good ten minutes now.

Ever since they got back from their rendezvous on the yacht, she left the house very early in the past five days, the sun was barely rising every time. LSA was barely filled with employees when she arrives.

She came home very late the first two days, with the excuse that she has a lot of paperwork to do, even though she was just really killing time in order to avoid him at home. Most of the time, she was just staring at the ring on her finger. For him to not get suspicious, she came home very early for the next two days. Very early to the point that when he comes home, she was already sleeping.

On the fifth day, today, she's worried that he'll be home early. And it's the weekend tomorrow, therefore they have no work.

Chaeyoung, however, already made plans for her to come to a sleepover at her apartment tomorrow.

"I'll do the talking. He won't be able to say no," Chae told her, volunteering to talk to Jungkook about it.

She didn't argue further, knowing that Chae was just helping her.

These are her baby steps.

Baby steps.

She sighed. The past few days, he was as busy as her though, so that made the avoidance a little easier. She would answer whenever he calls her during the day, to make it less obvious. At least then it was also easier for her to talk to him, without looking at him. Most of the time, the calls would be brief. Or at least she would try her best to make it brief.

There was a time when he called to ask for them to have lunch together, she declined without hesitation, saying she had a meeting at 12:30 midday. It wasn't a complete lie, she had to attend a meeting for Antoinette at 1 pm that day.

And speaking of Antoinette, she'll be going there later again. The renovations were close to completion. Finally.

She'll have to call her aunt Claudette later too. She badly needed a talk with her.

She absentmindedly twirled the ring on her finger. She then removed it and examined it as she leaned back against her office chair. It glimmered under the sunlight. She's been thinking about this ring a lot. She fell in love with it, she won't deny. It's not just a beautiful piece of jewellery, it's a piece of him. And that made it a lot more special to her.

She sighed once again, putting it back on her ring finger and massaged her nose bridge as she closed her eyes.

She has to start thinking about how she'll move on from him. Her time here will be over soon.  She needed to prepare herself.

Because the first heartbreak tends to be the most painful sometimes.

A few minutes more without moving, she finally got up from her chair and gathered her bag. She can't stay here for long. The silence was agonizing.

Just as she was about to open the door, it opened, revealing Jisoo. She paused in her steps.

Jisoo opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. This was the first time they had faced each other since that day. Jisoo gave her the space she needed.

"I uhm... I have some files to give you," Jisoo was the first one to speak. Lisa slowly took the folder from the older one, though her gaze never shifted away from the woman. Jisoo nodded after, "uhm, how are you in the past few days?"