Treacherous 46

"Épuisée."

A/N: If it's too much for you, please stop. Alright? Take a deep breath before reading. This is quite rough.

"Her brother died, and then her sister also died not long after."

"I don't remember Mara's twin's name but I remember Madame Olivia saying Mara's twin died young at a car crash in France. It was around my and my family's first dinner at the Manoban mansion when she told me that. I saw their picture together as kids."

She washed her hands. Her eyes looked empty as she looks at herself in the mirror. Chae and Jimin already left about a couple of hours ago. She can tell they were worried. Chae did follow her but she didn't let the girl in when she locked herself in the bathroom. And when she came out, she refused to speak about it.

She tried to act normal around Jungkook that night, as though his words didn't affect her at all.

She didn't cry. Her eyes watered but she didn't cry. What she found out hurt her but the anger and disbelief she felt were much more. She's gonna talk to her mother about this. That was too much. Olivia has some explaining to do.

Is this still worth doing?

Does she really have a place here?

Or is she just hoping for something that isn't gonna happen?

"Lisa, come here darling," Olivia called her child as soon as the twins knocked on their door and peeked inside. Mara ran to their father while Lisa went to their mother. Olivia caressed her soft cheeks before turning her around to face the mirror. She started brushing the little girl's hair, something that she does for the twins every night.

"Mother?" The young Lisa called.

"Hmm?" Olivia answered as she brushes her hair gently.

"Can Sammy and I have the choco cake in the fridge before sleeping?" She asked with puppy eyes, hoping for a yes.

"It's late, you shouldn't eat sweets now since it's almost your bedtime," their mother said gently. Seeing as Lisa pouted on what she said, Olivia then added, "alright, but just a bit okay? You can eat more of it tomorrow."

And the grin was back on the little girl's face.

Everything changed after her brother's demise.

Is it still worth hoping to bring back the woman she used to know? The woman whom she calls her mother. The woman who was very strict but was still a mother to them. Is there even hope?

She wants answers.

And she's gonna have it. The moment she arrived at LSA the next morning, she didn't hesitate to find her way to her mother's office. The employees who saw her suddenly felt intimidated as they cross paths with her. Gone was the friendly aura she had in the past few months, they're seeing their cold lady boss once again.

"Good morning, miss Lisa," Secretary Ahn greeted as soon as Lisa walked out of the elevator.

Lisa nodded curtly, she didn't falter in her steps towards the office doors. Secretary Ahn called for her, saying that her mother had a visitor, but she cannot wait.

She wanted answers.

She didn't bother knocking even and pushed the doors open, making her way inside. She immediately found the eyes of her mother.

Secretary Ahn came in swiftly as well, "Madame, I'm sorry I tried to stop her from coming in bu—"

"I need to talk to you," Lisa's voice was hard, completely cutting off Secretary Ahn's words. "Please."