Treacherous 32

"Un coeur tranquille."

An hour later, the two finally went back to the party. Lisa was rushing ahead of the other, her cheeks tinted pink. She wanted to run away as soon as the thought that they made out finally sunk in her head. She doesn't what to say nor can she look straight in his eyes after.

She would've left but he spoke faster than she could move.

"Let's stay here for a while."

She didn't want to leave him alone and so she endured the heat in her cheeks. They didn't speak the whole time. Just occasional swigs from the wine bottle Jungkook brought. To lessen her embarrassment, she went for the wine too. Maybe she had two to four sips?

During the whole time, she thought about Heejin, to keep her mind off of what just happened between them. Heejin, his ex and the girl who just slapped her earlier.

She touched her cheek. Damn, she could slap hard, she thought.

But at the same time, she thought about what he said. He trusted the girl to wait. Yet she didn't wait. And now they're a mess.

Why do cheaters exist in this world anyway? Because of too many restrictions? Too many rules? Too many promises?

If you truly love someone, you wouldn't dare cheat. Much less, think of doing it. If you're not committed, you should end it. Or never have started a relationship in the first place.

Then they won't have their hearts broken.

But then again, Lisa has never experienced love or romance with the opposite sex. She might have a general idea and the rules that come with it, but she doesn't have the right to judge or speak out the flaws.

Every experience is different.

And she's yet to go through that complex moment in one's life. That moment called love.

In the future.

And now back to the present time, she rushed inside the ballroom. There's still a lot of people inside, indicating that the party is not close to coming to an end. It's only been an hour.

She went to a nearby champagne table and got herself a drink. Yep. She's not the type who drinks but she needed it right now if she wanted to survive the night.

She sipped it in one go, her face scrunching at the taste.

"Whoah slow down Lis." She turned and saw Chaeyoung coming towards her.

"Don't call me that here," Lisa muttered, looking around.

"Sorry. But why do you look so pink? Your cheeks I mean." Chae asked before reaching for a glass of champagne herself.

"Been drinking." She excused.

"You're not a drinker though. Is everything alright?" Her black-haired best friend asked in concern.

"Fine. Just thought I'd let myself for tonight." Lisa replied, placing the now-empty champagne glass on the table.

"How's dancing with Hoseok Oppa by the way?" She asked her best friend. Chaeyoung let out a small smile.

"He's funny and very sweet." The now black haired girl replied, sipping lightly on her drink.

"He's single you know," Lisa smirked.

"I know. And I'm good being single too." Chaeyoung answered and Lisa pouted.

"Get over him, Chae."

"Who said I'm not trying? Hoseok is cool and I'd like to be friends with him. But that's all I can offer right now."

Lisa hummed. "Don't close your heart completely though. You deserve better Chae."