Chapter 14

Wen Xiaohui went out and took a taxi, urging the driver to hurry up along the way. Guo Degang's cross talk was playing on the radio, and Wen Xiaohui's frequency was so high that it made Wen Xiaohui irritable.

Sydney once told him about her ex-husband when she drank too much. The two of them were high school classmates. They were together for many years. They got married after graduating from college. When her career was booming, her ex-husband repeatedly hit the wall in job hunting. Faced with his wife’s success and various pressures, they gradually became addicted to alcohol. I have changed, become irritable, idle, suspicious every day, and constantly ask for money from Sydney. If I don't agree with me, I will do it. Sydney escaped from my hometown.

After arriving in the capital, her presiding career has taken a higher level, but the harassment from her ex-husband has never stopped. This time her new residence was obviously known by the animal.

Wen Xiaohui kept clenching and loosening his fists, trying to ease his tension. He wasn't afraid of that man. How could a long-term alcoholic body be better? He just thought that Sydney would be blackmailed by such a scum for a long time, but there was no way at all, so he couldn't restrain his anger.

His mobile phone rang suddenly. He was taken aback and took it out to see that it was Luo Yi's. He said, "Master, turn off the radio."

The car fell silent, Wen Xiaohui answered the phone: "Hey, Luo Yi."

"Brother Xiaohui, did you take a bath?"

"Ah, yeah."

"Have you seen the text message I sent you? Road xx will be closed tomorrow, which happens to be your only way to work. Remember to go out early and don't be late."

"Oh, well, I'll watch it right away."

Luo Yi was silent for a moment: "Where are you?"

"I am home."

There was silence on the other end of the phone.

Wen Xiaohui was nervous for no reason.

Luo Yi spoke, with a low voice: "Why are you lying."

Wen Xiaohui swallowed.

"The background sound of your home is different from the environment you are in now. If you go out to play, you won't lie to me, where are you going?"

Wen Xiaohui felt his scalp numb, as if he could see Luo Yi's deep and bright eyes on the phone, and he was staring at him with scrutiny, he said, "Well, my friend is drunk, I will go Pick him up."

"Then after you receive a friend, let him say a few words to me."

Wen Xiaohui was a little bit ashamed and turned into anger: "What are you doing with so many adults."

Wen Xiaohui regretted it after he finished speaking, because the other end of the phone was silent again. Luo Yi was also kind after all. His silence made Wen Xiaohui feel a little guilty.

"Brother Xiaohui, are you an adult? You are called an adult if you are not an adult."

The little flame in Wen Xiaohui's heart rushed upwards: "How come I am not an adult, and it's not that you are the only one in the world."

This is the first time since the two of them have known each other for three months that they have been unhappy. Wen Xiaohui felt very uncomfortable. While worrying about Sister Xueli, he quarreled with Luo Yi again, but his character could not be subdued, and he did nothing wrong. What, I just don't want to involve Luo Yi.

Luo Yi said, "Let's discuss this issue later. Now tell me where you are and what you are going to do." He emphasized, "Don't lie, I will know."

Luo Yi's tone was domineering, as if there was no room for negotiation. Wen Xiaohui took a sigh of relief and wanted to hang up the phone, but he couldn't do anything. He was a little afraid that Luo Yi was angry...