Part 77

Rome cleaned up the dining table and when he returned to the room, he saw Bright staring at the bed without blinking and his eyes looked so brightly.

"What are you thinking about?" Rome poked his cheek and called him back, "Quickly go to the bed. It's cold now, isn't it?"

Bright took off his socks and wanted to sit on the bed but he found that he had not washed his feet and took off his shoes for two days and two nights. His feet were so stinky, making him embarrassed. He quickly put on his socks and quietly said, "My feet are too smelly. I'll go to wash it."

"Sit here, I'll get you some water to wash your feet and clean your body."

"No need, Rome. I can do it myself."

Bright felt that he had fallen into a pot of honey. Rome pampered him in everything, how could this be okay? He will be spoiled...

"You don't need to be polite with me. Besides, you don't know where things are. Of course, I won't care about you after you get familiar with the situation tomorrow."

Rome held him down before turning around and heading to the outer room. He found a foot basin to wash and filled it with hot water. After adding half of the cool water, he placed it in front of Bright's feet.

"It's a little hot, you should be careful to put your feet in. But it's quite comfortable to soak your feet with hot water, I'll get some soap for you to wash your socks later."

After finishing his work, Rome brought in the small stove that was closest to the house and started firing. On the way, he carried the sweet potato that the neighboring aunts gave him, peeled them off then stuck pieces of the sweet potato onto the stove.

With a sizzling sound, Bright sat on the small stool and soaked his feet while staring at Rome carefully with his chin resting on his palm, and the corner of his mouth raised up involuntarily.

In such a small town, in a house that was not too spacious, a small stove can provide warmth, and his lover could pamper him. This was truly life without regrets!

"Is it comfortable? It's okay if you want to continue to soak your feet. There is a lot of hot water in a thermos." Rome could feel Bright's scorching gaze, after pasting the sweet potato slices, he turned and looked at him, under the dim yellow light with the contrast of the fire, his gaze seemed especially warm and gentle.

"Yes." Bright nodded.

Rome then went to bring the thermos, walking to Bright's side and pulled out the wooden cork, indicating Bright to lift his foot. Only then did he carefully add some hot water, "A little more."

Bright tilted his head with a smile as he looked at Rome. After Rome adding some water in, Bright tentatively put his leg on to test the temperature and nodded, "It's okay."

"When you're done soaking your feet, just go up to the bed. I'll take another blanket out." ..."

Bright wanted to say no, can't we cover ourselves under one blanket? However, he realized that it was much colder here than in the big city. He decided to just shut his mouth and follow what Rome said, just like that.

"Let's go to buy things at the market tomorrow. We can just eat sweet potato chips to satisfy our craving today."

"Hmm."

After finished eating sweet potato and clean themselves up, they lay down on the bed together.

"Do you want to watch TV?" Rome handed over the remote control to Bright.

Bright shook his head, "Let's talk for a while."

"That's okay."

Bright stretched out his hand, caressing Rome's cheeks and asked, "Rome, why did you come back to your hometown?"