10.

I walked up to Ash's cell. Max was standing by the gate. "Aslan, hurry up, we're finally leaving!" I said.

"Y/N, just wait," Ash replied.

"If you haven't realized, I'm impatient," I remarked, smiling. Ash got up from the bed and looked at Max.

"Later, old man," he said, walking away. I followed him and heard people talking to each other about how he's welcome back anytime and that he's a cutie. I glared at them and started barking. Their eyes just widened as I smiled and flipped them off. "What was that for?" Ash asked, laughing a bit.

"Tends to scare people off," I joked. We headed downstairs and quickly changed into our normal clothes. We walked outside and saw Eiji, Ibe, and Charlie.

"Ash! Y/N!" Eiji exclaimed, standing up from the bench he was sitting on.

"Thanks for everything, Eiji," Ash said. Eiji smiled and stopped.

"Oh, Y/N!" He said. He handed me a small box tied with a string. "Open it after we leave here. I don't want you to get arrested again."

"Thanks, Eiji, for whatever you've just gave me," I joked. We headed out of the building.

"Hey Charlie, I never told you but..." Aslan paused. "I have a older brother." He grunted softly and looked away.

"Oh really? I never knew," he said nervously. I shook my head in disappointment.

"W-wow Ash, I never knew either," I said sarcastically and he elbowed me in the side.

"I'm so worried about him, I'd like to see him before we see captain." This bitch. I thought.

"Ash, listen," Charlie said. He was gonna tell Ash even though he's already heard it. "I can't keep it a secret no longer. I need you to stay calm." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. We got into the car and I sat in the back.

"Oh, Y/N, you can open it now!" Eiji reminded.

"Oh, right! Sorry!" I said. I untied the string and opened the box. A switchblade laid there in the box and I took it out. "Thanks. They never returned mine back."

"I figured."

"Can we stop the car?" Ash asked. "I feel sick." He was about to pull something on us.

"Sure," Charlie said, pulling over. He climbed out of the car and opened Ash's door. "Here let me help you up-" I heard a gun cock and Charlie's eyes widened.

"Sorry you three, you need to get out."

"Excuse me?" I asked. "Over my dead body!"

"Don't be stupid. What do you think you're doing?" Charlie asked.

"Ask your chatty friend. He knows," Ash replied.

"Max! That idiot!" He said.

"Y/N, get out." I scoffed.

"Yeah right!" I snapped. "I'm not leaving your side!"

"Calm down! We know the shooter is with Arthur!" Charlie explained.

"I don't care!" Ash retorted. I sat in the car, watching all this happen. "This is my problem! I'm gonna settle it so step aside!"

"Watch out, it's Arthur!" Ibe yelled. Ash and I both turned around and Charlie lunged at Ash, Ibe joining in.

"Holy shit!" I screamed. I couldn't pull out a knife on them so I climbed up in the front and tried to kick them off. I felt my head get pushed up and I turned around, looking at Eiji in the driver's seat. "Are you crazy?!" I exclaimed.

"Maybe!" He said. I smirked.

"I like it. Drive, Eiji!" I yelled. He hit the pedal and we started driving forward, Ibe and Charlie losing Ash and falling off. Ash slammed the door and I just laid there. "I'm just gonna... get in the back," I casually said, sliding to the back. We drove for a while until Eiji ended the silence.

"Ibe-San is probably furious," he said.

"Stop the car," Ash said. We both looked over at him and Eiji pulled over. "Both of you, get out."

"I've told you once already. I'm not getting out!" I snapped. Eiji nodded.

"This is my problem, too," he said. Ash sighed. "Your brother was shot in front of my eyes. All because I was followed."

"Japanese people must be masochists," Ash said after all that. "You can stay then, geez."

"Really? I can stay?!" Eiji exclaimed.

"Are you deaf?" I asked. He ignored me.

"But you have to look after your own ass. Don't get in my way," Ash replied.

"Eiji, it's fine, you have me," I said.

"You sure you're not gonna stab me with that knife I got you?" He asked.

"Wouldn't dream of it," I joked.

"Where to now?" Eiji asked.

"I have no clue where we're going so I'm sleeping," I muttered, laying on the seats. It was a while after the car stopped and I opened my eyes. I sat up and rubbed my head.

"Where are we?" I asked, groaning.

"We're going to go see Shorter," Ash replied as I opened the door. We headed towards some building, I wasn't paying attention to be honest.

"Shorter's going to be so excited to see you!" Eiji exclaimed.

"Last time he saw me, I yelled at him," I replied. They just stopped and stared.

"Anyways," Eiji said. I smirked. Ash looked around and so did I. Something didn't feel right.

"Keep walking," he said.

"Huh?" He pushed Eiji into an alley and I grabbed my knife. We turned around, Eiji behind us as a dude turned and stopped in front of us. Who was this guy?

"What do you want?" Ash asked. He grunted. I glared at him. He lunged at Ash with a knife and Ash knocked him down, the knife slipping from his grip. I grabbed it quickly and inspected it. I handed it to Eiji.

"Wait, why are you giving it to me?" He asked.

"In case I'm not there to protect you," I replied. "Or as Aslan would say it, 'You have to look out for your own ass'." Eiji nodded and put it in his pocket. "Here's a tip, don't stab yourself. Please."