32.

"I'm surprised you didn't pull your gun out on him."

"If I did, I would've died," I told Ash. "His bodyguard had a gun and he reached into his jacket so it's not like I could kill them and get away with it. Besides, jail sucked." I looked at the jacket and sighed. I wonder if there is blood in this jacket still.

"Go get Eiji," he said. "We're going somewhere else."

"What do you mean?"

"I found a place next to a Golzine's office."

"So, we're moving?"

"Yeah, sure. Moving. Just go get him." I nodded and ran to the building. I knocked on the door and opened it.

"Eiji!" I called. I found him in the kitchen with tea. "Hey, you already had coffee. Now come on, we're leaving."

"Did they find us?"

"No, but come on," I said. We heard outside of the building and met Ash by the exit. "Is being near his office a good thing?"

"If he doesn't know we're there, then yeah."

We arrived at the building and I saw the rest of the gang there. I waved as Eiji went to a different room. I took off my jacket and placed it on a table. I sat down on the couch and looked up at the TV. The news was on, no surprise there. Ash took off his jacket and sunglasses before sitting down.

"The Lower East Side is all broken up," Alex said. "They're all peeing in their pants about now."

"Turn the TV off. It's irritating me," Ash said. I grabbed the remote and turned it off. I set it back down on the table and looked at him. He pointed at a picture of four men. "These are the next targets. Make them leave Manhattan," he ordered. "If they won't, kill them." I heard a door open and everyone turned to look at it. Eiji stood there, staring.

"What do you need, Eiji?" I asked.

"Sorry, it can wait," he said, backing away and closing the door.

"How's Black Sabbath?" Ash continued.

"No action over there at all," Kong responded.

"That's Cain Blood's gang, right?" Bones asked.

"I think it is," I answered. Alex nodded.

"Bloody Cain, the black king of Harlem," he told us.

"I'll go see him," Ash said.

"That's too dangerous. He hates white guys!" Alex said. "And what if he's already teamed up with Arthur?"

"It's the only way to find out what's on his mind," Ash told him.

"Let me go with you," I said.

"Y/N, no. If it is dangerous-"

"If it is dangerous, you could die there and I'm not letting you die. Not yet," I argued. He sighed.

"I suppose I have no choice anyway and you're gonna go with me no matter what I say," he said.

"I'm gonna go see what Eiji's doing," I told him before getting up and walking away. I opened the door and saw Eiji working on the laptop. Ash walked in behind me.

"You got the pictures?" Ash asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah," he replied.

"Let me see," Ash said, getting closer. "They're good. I'm lucky to have a photographer's assistant with me." Eiji glared at him and looked back at the laptop.

"Don't make fun of me."

"It didn't look like he was making fun of you," I defended. "He just said he's lucky to have a photographer's assistant."

"No, it sounded like he was making fun of me," Eiji said. "How did you rent a room like this?" He looked up at Ash.

"Yeah, Aslan. How did you rent a room like this?"

"See, now you're making fun of me."

"No, I'm simply asking the same question."

"I was lucky," Ash replied, ignoring our arguing. He walked over to the bookshelf and flipped through some.

"You don't tell me anything when it comes to something important," Eiji told him. "Am I so untrustworthy?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"Thanks, Y/N. Really loved your support there," he sarcastically said.

"No problem."

"But Ash, am I?" He asked.

"It's not like that," Lynx replied.

"I... sorry," Eiji apologized. "I know you don't tell me to keep safe. I just feel so helpless that I can't do anything for you."

"You can shoot people," I said. Ash sighed.

"You do enough for me," he told him. "You take pictures of people who visit his office."

"Well, yeah but-" Eiji paused and didn't continue.

"Listen, Ash already said you do enough for him," I said. "That's a good thing. Not everybody gets that compliment."

"Is this about you complaining that he doesn't say this to you?" Eiji asked.

"No." I looked at Ash. "Maybe but that's not the point. The point is you're already helping us enough and don't really know what else you need to do." He nodded. "I'm gonna go eat cereal."

"It's almost nighttime-"

"Cereal," I interrupted Ash as I walked out of the room.

"We're leaving in ten minutes!" He called.

"I got it!" I called back, shutting the door. I grabbed a bowl and poured cereal into it. I looked up at the gang who were just staring at me. "If any of you monsters put milk before cereal, I will kill you," I threatened, pouring the milk into the bowl. I put it back and grabbed a spoon. "Also, stop staring. I'm trying to eat my cereal," I said, taking a bite. Ash walked out of the room and sat down next to me. "Want some cereal?" I asked.

"You're an idiot," he sighed.

"I am not!" I snapped, taking another bite.

"You really are. You'd die with me and you eat cereal before nighttime."

"Eating cereal before nighttime is very normal."

"No it isn't. Besides, you did this as a kid all the time."

"What? No, I didn't!"

"I caught you eating cereal at two in the morning once and told Griffin." I finished the cereal and glared at him.

"Yeah, I never forgave you after that," I said, putting the bowl and spoon in the sink. I grabbed Vivian's jacket and put it on. "We can go now."