37.

"So we're playing this way?" I chuckled, getting up. I took out my knife.

"Ah, knives." She took hers out. "Fun." I nodded.

"Yeah, fun."

"I'm guessing you heard me call Arthur."

"Yeah, you were loud."

"I know, I wanted you to hear me."

"So you wanted a fight?" I ran at her and we had blocked each other's attack.

"Of course, having no fight isn't any fun." She pushed me back and I bumped into the table.

"Arthur must be over you." I smirked and slid across the ground, stabbing her leg. She grunted as I ripped it out. Blood spilled out.

"He is. I like it." She threw her knife at me and it grazed my thigh. I threw off my jacket.

"Ash is like that, you know? Over me, too," I joked. I kicked her in the side and she fell over.

"Nice to know we both have blondes who are pissed with us most of the time." She ran up at me and we both crashed into the door.

"Are you dating your blonde?" I asked as I was pushing my knife away from my throat. She was trying to push my hand to my throat.

"No, I would never." I moved my head out of the way as she stabbed the door. I threw her off and sighed. I got up, using the door for support. "You?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm being called his girlfriend everywhere I go so I guess we are." I smiled. "You've got some nice skills."

"You too, should've joined the mafia and not have bailed out on me." I shook my head.

"I couldn't," I panted. I slid over to the kitchen and threw her knife into the wall. Brooke ripped it out and looked at me, smirking.

"I admire you, you know that, right?" She asked.

"I don't think you would kill your idol," I joked.

"Me and you, run away before Arthur and his guys come." I shook my head.

"Can't abandon people that still need me." I stretched my hand out. "Join us. Put an end to Banana Fish." She grabbed my hand and pulled me close.

"Let me think about it." She paused. "No." Brooke stabbed my arm and I dropped to the ground, dropping my knife. "So sad that my idol can't handle that." I smirked and looked at her.

"You're limping. You can't hide it." I kicked her good leg and she collapsed to the ground. We stared at each other, panting. I stood up and reached my hand out. She looked up at me, grabbing my hand. I pulled her up and she just looked at me. "What's wrong?" I asked, panting. She pulled me in and pressed her lips against mine. My eyes widened. Holy shit. I pushed her away. I heard a car pulling up and she stabbed her shoulder with her knife. "Brooke-" she shushed me and handed my knife to me.

"Go to the back window and run."

"But-"

"Run!" I took my knife and nodded.

"Meet at the library," I said before running to the back window. I struggled to open it as I heard banging on the door.

"Brooke, open up!" Arthur yelled.

"I'm coming!" She called. The window opened and I fell out. I looked back and ran. I didn't know how fast. I just ran. I don't even know what just happened. I was dizzy and I was in the middle of nowhere. I stopped and panted. "Oh god, I'm tired..." I sighed. I picked up my phone and called Ash. He picked it up.

"I thought you didn't wanna see me," he said.

"Field.." I panted. "Middle of it... hill.."

"Y/N?" I collapsed to the ground, nearly conscious. "Y/N!" I heard his voice before my world turned black.

I groaned and woke up in a bed. I sat up, bandage wrapped around my wrist. "Love my bandage collection," I joked to myself. This was Brooke's house? I got up and my legs shook. I reached the door and opened the door. Ash and Brooke sat there.

"Look, you're finally awake," Ash said. I nodded weakly.

"My head just hurts.. how'd you find me?" I asked.

"Brooke grabbed your phone and called me again. She told me where you guys were since I didn't fully understand what you were telling me," he told me. "I heard you and Brooke kissed, is that correct?"

"She did it," I said.

"Ah, so you engaged it!" He snapped.

"Oh, I'm sorry I have feelings!" She remarked.

"Can you guys stop.." I murmured but they didn't hear me.

"She did tell you I'm dating her, right?"

"Well, yeah!"

"Then don't do it!"

"Guys.." I clutched my head.

"Oh, fuck off, Aslan!" Brooke retorted.

"Oh, you did not! There's only one person who can call me Aslan and that's Y/N-" I dropped to my knees, probably bruising them. Maybe not.

"Y/N?" Brooke said. I got up, shaking.

"I'm fine," I muttered. Brooke stood up and caught me as I fell over again.

"Did her wounds get infected?" Brooke asked Ash.

"She was out in the open for a while before you found her," he replied. I stood back up and backed into the wall.

"Guys, I'm fine, I swear," I told them. "No need to worry." Ash shook his head.

"Y/N, you are not fine-"

"But I am fine, Aslan Jade Callenreese," I interrupted. "Just dizzy that's all." I rubbed my head.

"You're not fine, Y/N, we're serious," Brooke said.

"I said I'm fine!" I collapsed to the ground and felt dead inside.

"'I said I'm fine' she says as she falls to the ground," Brooke sighed, throwing me over her shoulder and we walked into the bedroom. She put me down and felt my head.

"She sick?" Ash asked.

"No, but clearly dizzy and injured," she replied. "Y/N, get some rest." I sat up.

"But I said-" she pushed me back down.

"Go to sleep," she sighed, leaving the room with Ash.