12.

I groaned and opened my eyes. I heard the door open and I grabbed my knife. I sat up and saw Shorter walk through the door. "Um, I was gonna wake you up but since your up.." he said, laughing nervously. "Breakfast is downstairs." I nodded, putting the knife down.

"Thanks," I said and climbed out of bed. I shook myself and walked out of the room and downstairs. I sat down and later Eiji came down.

"Where's Ash and Shorter?" He asked.

"Oh, they're having a meeting with some dude, I don't know, they didn't give me details," I said. He sat across from me. "Oh, did Ash or Shorter tell you where Vivian is?"

"Who?" I sighed.

"Damnit, hold on," I said, getting up.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm gonna go look for Vivian."

"Who's that?"

"Someone I met in prison who worked for Golzine." I walked away and searched the place. Did she escape? I shook my head. Should've asked Shorter where she was when he came into my room. I checked their bedrooms and no sign of her. I sighed in defeat and walked back to where Eiji was. "Didn't find her?" I shook my head. A few minutes later, Ash and Shorter came over.

"Hey, where did you guys put Vivian?" I asked.

"I don't know, Shorter handled her," Ash replied. Shorter walked away and came back with Vivian.

"Oh, hi," I said. She pulled up a chair and sat down, eating some of the food. I got up and walked over to Ash and Shorter. "Are we going to let her go or.."

"We're gonna take her, she might know too much already," Ash responded. I nodded.

"Did she have weapons?" Shorter handed me a knife. "Hey, this was mine!" I turned to Vivian. "How did you get my knife?!"

"I don't know, they thought it was mine so they gave it back," she replied. I turned back to them.

"I'm just gonna keep this," I said, sliding it into my pocket. We didn't really have anything to do for the rest of the day until nighttime. Ash looked at us and told us about Club Cod.

"Club Cod?" Shorter asked.

"Is that a stripper place for fish?" I asked.

"A seafood restaurant," Ash said.

"Why is Golzine going out for seafood?"

"They don't just sell seafood. They sell other living things," he said. "Humans."

"Humans?" Eiji questioned.

"The place is run by Dino," he responded. "It's a secret club in his taste with a good profit."

"How the hell does he sell humans without people noticing?" I asked. Ash looked over at me.

"Most customers are distinguished people so it's top secret," he replied.

"That's fucked up," I muttered. I looked over at Vivian. "Do you know about this?"

"I work for Golzine, I know this shit," she snapped.

"It was a simple question, calm down." God, I hate her. Ash just looked at us and continued talking.

"He catches runaway kids like me and sells them off as merchandise," he said. What the fuck is wrong with Dino? "The kids are drugged so they can't run and only live for a few years. And so the secret is safe."

"That shit is messed up," I said.

"That's gross," Eiji said, looking down.

"And he'll be there?" Shorter asked.

"Every 15th of the month," Ash answered.

"So we're going?" I asked. He nodded.

"Tomorrow."

"Got it." I looked over at Vivian. "She's coming?" Ash sighed.

"I guess. If she screws shit up, we're killing her."

"I don't fear death," she scoffed. I rolled my eyes.

"You probably do and don't wanna admit it because you're part of a mafia. Listen, you're not part of the mafia now," I remarked.

"The mafia teaches you not to fear death."

"Oh yeah, because your buddies seem like a bunch of pussies to me!"

"You take that back!"

"I speak facts and facts only." I smirked. She lunged at me and I dodged, letting her crash into the ground. "Your aim sucks as well."

"Ok, leave the poor girl alone," Ash joked.

"Excuse me? I'm the same age as you two!" She snapped.

"Eh, you're not acting like it," I said.

"You never act like it either," Ash murmured.

"I'm sorry I don't run a gang!" He just smirked. I yawned.

"And now the child is getting tired," he said.

"Shut...up.." I groggily said. I sat on the ground and stayed there for a bit. He grabbed my hand and attempted to pull me off the ground.

"Y/N L/N."

"Yes, Aslan Jade Callenreese?" I asked.

"You said you're tired so come on." He ended up dragging me all the way back inside and into my room. He picked me up and threw me onto the bed.

"Don't do that," I muttered.

"Not like you were gonna get up yourself and do it," he replied. He sat down the the bed as I face planted into a pillow.

"Can you stay for a while?" I asked.

"Y/N-"

"Listen, I'm tired, you're tired." My speech was getting muffled. "Just sleep in bed with me." I looked up at him. "Please." He sighed and I sat up.

"I mean, I guess.." he said and looked over at me. Without thinking, I pulled him in and kissed him. The door swung open.

"Hey guys-" I jumped back and saw Shorter, eyes widened. Ash just looked at him. He slowly shut the door and we looked back at each other.

"Can we not talk about this either?" He asked. I smirked.

"Embarrassed, much?" I asked. He turned red.

"What? N-no! That's not it!" I fell down onto the bed.

"Go to sleep, Aslan," I said, smiling. He laid down next to me and before I knew it, I drifted to sleep, Ash by my side.