17.

I walked away and headed towards Max. "Is the truck almost fixed?" I asked.

"Eh, we're getting there," he said. I nodded and headed inside for breakfast. I sat down and Shorter smirked at me.

"Oh my god, can we stop with that?!" I asked.

"No," he said, smiling.

"Shorter!" Ash said. Eiji just laughed along with Vivian.

"Why are you guys laughing?!"

"It's funny!" Vivian exclaimed. I glared at Shorter.

"I'm blaming you for life problems."

"Excuse me?!" He asked.

"You heard me!" I said.

"Don't do that!"

"But I did," I replied, smirking. He looked at Ash.

"Hey, Ash," he said. He looked up at Shorter. "When you led Y/N out of the house, did you guys kiss again?" I choked on my food.

"What?!" I snapped. "Shorter Wong, I swear to god, I will kill you!"

"Oh god, you're scary when you do that, please stop," he said. I glared at him while finishing my food and headed outside. I climbed up onto the roof and sighed. Later, Vivian climbed up with me.

"Hey," I greeted before looks back across the hills.

"Is this what peace is like?" She asked. "I never get a rest at the mafia." I looked over at her and tilted my head.

"Stay with us," I offered. She shook her head.

"I can't. I mean, I like you guys but I can't."

"Why not?" She shrugged.

"I'm not sure. It feels like the mafia is family to me."

"But we're a nicer family," I joked. She chuckled.

"True. You know what? I should stay with you guys," she said.

"Pray that Ash won't blow your brains out," I teased.

"Oh, hell no." I laughed at her response and we just sat up there, talking for the rest of the day. As the sun set, I saw them heading out and I climbed down, Vivian following.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We're headed to the diner," Ash replied.

"Why are we going there? The only nice person there is Jennifer. Your dad can go fuck himself."

"Come on," he said and we walked to the diner. Vivian got close to me.

"I bet I can beat you to the diner," she whispered. I looked at her, smirking.

"You're on." We raced to the diner and I heard Eiji calling for us. I tripped over and she just laughed and sped away. "Hey, no fair!" I yelled and sprinted at her.

"Oh, shit! You're fast!" She said as I ran past her and arrived at the diner. We were both panting and sweating as we collapsed to the ground and laid there, waiting for Ash, Max, and Eiji.

"Oh, there gonna take forever!" I sighed. She nodded and we both sat up, leaning against the wall as we waited for them.

"Hey, look over there!" Vivian exclaimed, pointing to the right. Ash, Eiji, and Max finally caught up and I stood up.

"Why'd you guys even run here?" Ash asked.

"Why not?" I said. He shook his head and we walked inside. I reached into my pocket and Ash put his hand on my shoulder. He pulled me in.

"Listen, if you wanna kill him, do it when he's already dying," he said. He took his hand off and I took mine out of my pocket, disappointed. I sat down on a stool and looked out the window. Something didn't feel right. I got up and looked outside. "Thanks for the coffee," Ash said to Jennifer. He looked over at me. "You ok?" I backed away and nodded. I went back to the stool.

"Why did you come back here after all this time?" Jim asked. "You shouldn't be here. You know that."

"Hey, let us fix the truck," I said, turning around to look at him "then we'll be out of your ass." Shorter and Ibe walked in.

"Hey, we finally found a battery that fits-" Shorter got interrupted by Eiji.

"Can't you be nicer to him?" Eiji snapped at Jim. I smirked. I was right. He did have guts.

"Ei-Chan?" Ibe asked.

"How can you say he shouldn't be here? You're his father!" Eiji continued.

"What's with this punk kid?" he simply asked. I got up.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I asked, laughing. "This 'punk kid' is trying to tell you that you're a horrible person." I took my knife out and pointed it at him as a I walked away. "Don't make me stab your table again." I shut The door and ran to find Aslan. He couldn't have gone that far. I saw him looking out at the road. "What's wrong?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Is there something wrong with you? Your face is red." My eyes widened.

"I'm fine, you?" He shook his head.

"Something doesn't feel right, as if Golzine's guys have followed us," he replied.

"That's why I was looking outside," I said. He nodded.

"We might be able to spend another night," he sighed. The sun set and we both saw a car in the dark, headlights off. "Shit," he muttered. "They're here, let's not worry them though."

"Hey, can I tell you something?" I asked.

"Not right now-"

"Promise you won't kill me.. or Vivian."

"Oh no."

"So, you know how you saw the doors on the truck open right?" He nodded. "Well, Vivian remembered at that moment that there was.. um.."

"What is it?" He looked pissed.

"There was a tracker on her-"

"There was a what?!"

"C-calm down!" I said, panicking. "You can't kill her though. She's on our side." He cocked his gun. "No! Don't kill her!" I grabbed my gun.

"I'm going for the car," he said. "Vivian can slide.. for now." I nodded and loaded my gun. "Stay low."

"Oh, wow, really? I was thinking about standing straight up and maybe add some jumping to that-"

"Y/N, not right now. Give me humor when we're not in a life or death situation."

(a/n: so my cousin was surprised on how many chapters I was writing and she said she's gonna read my fanfiction once she's done with Banana Fish so.. hi summer :) hows ur day going-)