31.

I walked outside and headed to the subway. I waited for the subway to come and as it opened, I saw Ash walk out, wearing sunglasses. What the fuck was he doing? He looked at me and looked back at the subway. He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the side. "I thought I told you to watch Eiji!" He whispered.

"I left him with a gun-"

"Yeah, he doesn't have guts to shoot anyone!"

"It's fine, he can do it!" I told him.

"No, he can't!" Ash sighed in disappointment. "Go back to him."

"No, I'm going wherever the hell you're going," I said. He groaned.

"Fine, but if Eiji is dead when I get back-"

"He won't, it's fine."

"What if I tell you I'm gonna go meet up with Golzine-"

"Fuck that shit, I'm going back to the apartment."

"Wait, really?" He asked. I looked at him.

"No, if I get lucky, I can murder him-"

"You're not murdering him unless it's necessary."

"I'm coming then," I said.

"Go tell Eiji, we might be gone for a while," he said.

"You're coming with me, I feel like you might leave," I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Fine," he sighed as we walked back to the apartment. I knocked on the door.

"Come in," Eiji called. I walked inside with Ash. "Oh, hey guys!" He greeted.

"Hey," I said. "Listen, you still have the gun, right?" He pulled it out and showed me. "Good, Ash and I are gonna be going out for a bit."

"Is it a date?" He asked.

"What? N-no, not like that!" I stammered. Ash shook his head. "Just... going to go meet some people." Eiji nodded.

"Hey, Y/N!" He called as we started to leave.

"Hm?" He tossed me a jacket.

"I thought you might want this.." he said. I looked at it and smiled.

"Thanks, Eiji," I said, wiping a tear from my face. I put it on and felt comfortable. We walked out, waving at Eiji one more time.

"That's Vivian's jacket, isn't it?" Ash asked. I nodded. "Did he wash it while you left?"

"He was probably washing it when I showered," I said.

"The blood could still be there," Ash said. "I mean, the jacket is maroon." I shrugged.

"I don't really care." He looked at me, concerned.

"Hey, if you're feeling down, you can go back," he said. I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine," I sniffed. We headed to the airport and we stopped by a wall.

"I gotta make a quick phone call," he said. I nodded and sat down on the ground, opening my phone. I smirked at the news saying that Golzine's mansion had burned to the ground. Served him right. He's a nasty bitch and deserves to die. I kept reading the article until Ash tapped my head. "Let's go." I nodded and put my phone away. We walked away and stopped again. "Look," he said, nodding his head to the front of him. I looked over and saw Golzine. I reached my hand into my pocket and he grabbed my hand. "Y/N."

"Yes?" I asked. "This seems like a loving Ash, holding my hand," I joked.

"This is why I love you, because you're an idiot," he told me. He let go off my hand and we both faced towards Dino until he saw us. His eyes widened and I smirked. We walked over and Ash sat in the chair across from him. I stood behind Ash, glaring at Dino. I didn't trust him. Not sure how Ash could but I couldn't. I never actually trusted him. "You seem to be in a hurry," Ash pointed out. "I wonder when'll next able to come back."

"It won't be long," he replied. His bodyguard reached into his jacket and my hand slowly slid
into my pocket. Who was gonna make the first move? "Not here," Dino said to him. The bodyguard reached out of his jacket and I took my hand out.

"You did well," Ash complimented. "You could say it was thanks to your investments."

"And this is what I get in return?" He asked.

"I've paid my interest. More than what it's worth." Did they plan this meeting? Probably not.

"No. It's not enough. Not enough at all."

"What more do you want, old man?" I retorted. Ash hit me without looking and continued.

"I used to think I would be free if I could get rid of you," Ash told him. "I guess I was wrong. Whatever you all are up to, I'll stop it."

"So you came to declare war?" Golzine asked. "I'll bring a good taxidermist with me when I get home then."

"Taxidermist?"

"To stuff you." I hesitated to reach into my pocket and kill him on sight. "And I can't wait." Ash scoffed.

"I hope your plane doesn't crash," he said, getting up. I smirked. "The others passengers won't get to heaven if they're with you. Bon voyage." We started to walk away.

"That's Vivian's jacket, isn't it?" I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at him.

"And what if it's not?" I asked. I was nervous on the inside and my heart was racing.

"I always knew she would betray us for some gang like you," he said. I didn't look at him. "I'm glad my men killed her."

"Shut up," I muttered.

"Y/N, don't listen to him," Ash told me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

"She never would've been useful anyways and now she's useless dead." I ripped my arm out of Ash's hand and whipped around.

"Oh, yeah, Golzine?" I asked, getting closer. "Is this whole thing a game to you? If you think it is, you're completely fucked up." I saw his bodyguard reach into his jacket again and I stopped coming forward. "Remember this, old man. You're gonna die soon. It might not be by me, but you will end soon." I smirked before turning back around and walking away.