54.

We walked into the ferry and it started to depart. "A ferry, huh," I said. "Lots of shit happening and we go on a ferry." I shrugged. "I'm not complaining." We walked up to the top and peered over the edge. "I'm gonna jump."

"Do it," Vivian said. I leaned over, everything up from the hip over the railing.

"She does it, she does it," Ash sighed. "I can't stop her."

"Are you guys idiots?" Eiji asked. I looked at him and smiled.

"Did you just realize that? We've been idiots for a while," I told him.

"That's not a surprise," he muttered.

"Have you ever been on a ferry?" Vivian asked.

"Only on the Circle Line," Eiji responded. I sat on the railing, my legs hanging over.

"Circle?" Ash asked.

"Now Ash forgot what a circle is," I sighed. "What's new?"

"Hey!" He snapped.

"You don't know? You're a New Yorker," Eiji said. "Y/N, you know, right?" I nodded.

"I'm just a country bumpkin," Ash replied. "You foreigners think Los Angeles and New York is all of America."

"They do?" I asked.

"Seems like it," Lynx said. "There are only a few real metropolises in this gigantic country."

"Oh, shit, we're getting lectured. Time to jump," I muttered.

"Let me come with," Vivian said.

"Oh, thank god, I didn't wanna go alone." I stood on the railing, wobbling a bit. I turned around and jumped off. "Boom, I'm dead."

"Nice." I nodded.

"Let's turn back," Ash said. We all looked at him.

"Huh?"

"What about Long Island?" Eiji asked.

"I changed my mind," Ash said.

"You always do this," I huffed. "Come on! Don't be stupid! Have some fun!"

"Sorry, but that has to happen another day." I sighed and leaned against the railing.

"What if we stay and you go?" I asked.

"Uh." He looked around and pulled me aside. "I feel like someone is watching us."

"Wow, what's new?" I muttered. "If it's one person, we can handle them." He shook his head.

"No, even if it is one person, they can call for backup."

"Then we take out the backup," I said. "And maybe so Vivian's stupid idea and summon the demon in me or some shit."

"First of all, no, we can't take out backup, second of all, we're not doing Vivian's idea," he said.

"Ok, the second one is fair enough, I don't want it taking over. I'm not sure if it's a demon." I didn't even ask if it was a demon. What if it can read my thoughts? Hey, are you a demon?

"Y/N!" Ash said, snapping me out of my trance.

"Huh, what?"

"You ok? You spaced out." I nodded.

"Just trying to figure out if it's a demon"

"It's most likely not a demon." I sighed as we walked back to the others. The ferry reached Long Island. I started walking to the exit and Ash picked me up and pulled me away. I groaned as the ferry left, going back home. I laid on the ground in defeat and Ash just leaned over me. I stared him in the eyes, not breaking eye contact.

"You gonna look away?" He asked.

"Not until you do," I responded.

"Guys, we're here," Vivian said. We both looked at her and Ash pulled me up. We got off the ferry and headed for the library.

"Vivian, let's go do something else," I said. "I'm not spending the rest of the day here." She nodded.

"Fuck this shit," she muttered.

"Aslan, we're leaving!" I shouted as we walked away.

"Come back to the apartment before night," he called.

"Ok, dad!" Vivian yelled and we ran off. "So what do you wanna do?"

"Something entertaining," I said. "We can go on the ferry!"

"We're gonna have to walk all the day back!" Vivian groaned.

"True," I muttered. "Let's go kill Golzine for fun."

"We don't have weapons," she said. I stopped.

"Oh yeah, I lost my blade," I said and looked up at her, smirking. "Let's go buy a blade!" I exclaimed. We darted to the nearest store that sold switchblades and lucky for me, I was well known there and had some friends. We walked in and I walked up to the counter. I rang the bell that was sitting on top. A boy with brown hair and brown eyes around my age walked out from behind. He looked at me and his eyes widened. "Y/N!" He exclaimed.

"Hi, Kai!" I said.

"Where's Ash?" He asked.

"Oh, being boring and shit. He's Ash, what do you expect?" I pointed at Vivian. "That's Vivian." She waved at Kai and he waved back.

"What kind of blades do you have?" I asked. He smirked and ran into the room behind him and came out with a hot pink blade.

"Saved it just for you," he joked.

"Hey, Vivian, look, this knife suits you!" I said. She just laughed.

"Ok, but we managed to get you a replacement for yours after hearing the news. Knife was removed by opponent?" He asked, walking to the back. I leaned over the counter.

"Yeah, Brooke," I told him.

"Wasn't she the one you tried to kill?" He asked, handing me a maroon switchblade.

"Mhm, right person."

"They never found the blade, right?" I handed him some cash for the blade.

"Yeah, why?"

"Why don't you go over there and look for it instead of paying for the same knife?" He asked. I shrugged.

"We can go look over there," I said. He nodded. "Bye, Kai!"

"Bye, Y/N! Bye, Vivian!" He called as we walked out the door. I waved to him before we disappeared from his sight.

"I think he likes you," Vivian said, elbowing me. I shook his head.

"We're just friends," I said.

"To you, but not to him." I sighed.

"Vivian."

"Yeah? You wanna confess feelings for him?"

"No, Vivian, Kai's gay." She just stopped and stared at me.

"Oh."

"Yeah, take my word that we're just friends next time."