39.

"Why are you taking over for Shorter?!" I exclaimed, lunging at him. He dodged out of the way and stuffed his phone in his pocket.

"I'm sorry!" He yelled back. I heard footsteps running our way and I grabbed Eiji and put my arm on his shoulder.

"Act natural," I told him. Someone had walked over and stared at us. "Hi, do you need something?" I asked.

"Were you guys fighting?" He asked. I shook my head and took my arm off him.

"No! We're best friends! Right, Eiji?" He nodded.

"We've been friends for a while," he said. I slipped my hand into his pocket and took his phone out. I looked at him and then looked at the phone out of the corner of my eye. I turned it on. This idiot doesn't have a password. I opened his photos and deleted the pictures. Now he has no proof. I slipped it back into his pocket and looked back at the stranger who was now walking away. I sighed and walked away. "You give up?" Eiji taunted. He grabbed his phone. "I still have the photos right here-" he stopped and looked at me. "Y/N, when did you delete them?" I shrugged.

"I took it when you were talking, simple," I replied. I looked over at Ash. "Thanks for helping."

"I knew you would've deleted the pictures easily," he said.

"You could've helped," I muttered. I sighed and took out my knife. I pointed it at Eiji. "You should be glad I didn't bring this out."

"You wouldn't," he said. I put it away.

"What did I just witness?" I looked over and saw Brooke who was just standing there.

"Oh, thank god you didn't see the beginning-"

"Actually, I saw the whole thing. When you and Ash kissed, when Eiji took the photos-"

"Ok! Ok!" I interrupted. "We get it! You saw everything!"

"Who's that?" Eiji asked.

"Brooke."

"Oh." Brooke looked at him then at me.

"Have you told him about me?" I nodded.

"I mentioned how you nearly killed me," I said proudly. She looked at me in disbelief.

"That's it? You didn't mention how you were so close to working for the mafia-"

"You were gonna work for the mafia?!" Eiji said. I shushed him. "So, right now, you could've been going against us?!"

"Yes," I sighed. "But I bailed out on the mafia at the last second. I couldn't join the mafia." I looked over at Ash. "Pretty sure he almost did though."

"No, I just worked along side Dino," Ash told me. "I would never join the mafia, especially now."

"But yeah, I almost worked for the mafia." I looked back at Eiji. "So technically, I might've killed you."

"Oh, that's reassuring," he murmured. Ash looked at Eiji and Brooke.

"Brooke, take Eiji home," he ordered.

"Are you really trusting her with Eiji?!" I asked, shocked.

"Hey, I saved your ass!" Brooke snapped.

"Anything happens to him, you're dead, Brooke," I told her. Ash and I walked away. "Dead!"

"We're going to meet up with Cain," he said to me.

"Can I tell-"

"No." I sighed and we walked towards a bar. We walked inside and Ash sat down next to Cain and I sat down next to Ash.

"Wait, why are we here?" I asked. Lynx elbowed me lightly (still didn't forgive from last night) and looked at Cain.

"So what'd you need?" He asked Cain.

"Arthur wants to fight it out with you, playing by the rules," Cain responded. "He asked me to be the observer."

"Arthur against Ash? Pft, yeah right. Arthur can't defeat Ash." I paused and looked at Ash. "Can he?" He shrugged.

"I'm not sure. If he's grown stronger, he probably will but I doubt he has," he replied. He looked back at Cain. "Tell him I accept."

"So no back up guys at all?" I asked. Cain shook his head. "Can I come? Can I be on observer? Well, I wanna watch it go down basically."

"I'll see what I can do," he said. I nodded.

"Thanks." He looked at Ash.

"You do realize it's a trap?" I looked at Cain.

"Son of a bitch," I growled.

"But I won't have to kill meaninglessly anymore," Ash said.

"Wow, way to look on the bright side," I muttered in disbelief.

"I knew this day would come eventually ever since we first met," he sighed, taking off his glasses. Cain chuckled.

"It's your call," he said. "I'll accept the post."

"And I'm coming if it is a trap," I said. "You can't just go ahead and kill Arthur's guys without me."

"Well, now that I think about it," Cain said. I looked at him. "I might not be able to let you in."

"What?!" I stood up and they just both looked at me, not even the least bit phased.

"Like I said, I can try but it might not work," he told me, shrugging.

"I'm coming in whether he likes it or not," I growled.

"You're gonna get yourself killed," Lynx said. I looked at him.

"Sounds like you're gonna get killed, too, if it's an ambush," I said. He looked at me and put his glasses on me.

"Well, two against more might get both of us killed." I fixed the glasses. "So either way, we both might die unless you can sneak weapons in."

"Which we'll do," I told him, smiling. "What are they gonna do? Pat us down?"

"They might," Cain said.

"Oh. Well that sucks," I sighed. "But I can use advantages." I smirked.

"What do you mean advantages?" Ash asked.

"If he pats me down, I could act like I'm uncomfortable with him touching some certain parts," I muttered then smiled. "Meaning I could hide the knife and if he does, act uncomfortable."

"You know, that's not bad but he'll ask to drop weapons," he said.

"Drop my knife. He knows I don't use guns often so I'll drop the knife," I replied.

"Y/N, you're still an idiot, but that's a good idea."

"Thanks, you're an idiot, too, Aslan."