77.

Ash got up and looked at Blanca. "Well, take care." He stuck his hand out and Blanca shook it.

"You too." We walked away and I waved at Blanca.

"I'll send you a vent for Christmas!" I called out  and he ignored me. We headed to the library.

"Oh, have some decency to go say bye to Eiji!" I snapped before entering the library. He ignored me and sat down. I sat down next to him. I remembered coming here. They told me I was gonna fall out of my seat but I didn't. Or did I? There's one thing I can't remember.

"Well, shit, Y/N, you're becoming old."

I am not! I looked up and saw Sing. He wanted us to come outside so we followed him. He handed Ash an envelope and I looked at it. "Why won't you go to him?" Sing asked.

"I said the same thing!" I said.

"He's going back to Japan today!"

"I know," Ash responded.

"Then why?" Sing asked. "You're his friend!"

"That's exactly why."

"Aslan, what do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm returning him to his own world. This world of killing..." Ash's fist tightened. "He doesn't belong here." Sing's eyes widened.

"But there isn't any time left," Sing said and Ash turned around. "Want me to give him a message?" Ash didn't respond. "You stubborn idiot!" I looked at Sing and back at Ash. Sing ran off and I sighed.

"Ash, you could've responded," I said. He just ignored me and I took the envelope from his hand and looked at it as we sat down. I opened it and pulled out two airplane tickets. Ash looked over and I handed him one. His eyes widened and I put my ticket down. I pulled out a note. "I think it's for you," I told him.

"Read it.." I cleared my throat.

"'Ash. I'm worried to death because I haven't been able to see you doing well. You said we live in different worlds. But is that true? We have different colored skin and eyes. We were born in different countries. But we're friends. Isn't that what counts? I'm really glad I came to America. I met lots of people. And more than anything, I met you and Y/N. You asked over and over if you scared me. B I never feared you, not once. What's more is you're hurt much more than me. I couldn't help feeling that way. Funny, huh? You're both way smarter, bigger, and stronger than me. But I always felt like I had to protect you. I wonder what it is I wanted to protect you from. I wanted to protect you from fate. The fate that tries to carry you away, drifting further and further. You told me once about a leopard you read in a book. How you believed that leopard knew that it couldn't go back. And I said you weren't a leopard, that you could change your destiny. You two are not alone. I'm by your side. My soul is always with you. —Eiji Okumura." I handed the letter to Ash. "Change your mind?" He looked up. "Good." I got up and raced ahead of him. He followed close behind, desperate to reach Eiji. I turned around and he was close behind. "Hurry! We can make it before he departs-" I stopped in my tracks as I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I looked forward and saw Lao.

"You two never let down your guard," he said. "Why, why now?" I heard Ash cock his gun and shoot Lao in the stomach. He ripped the knife out of my stomach and I dropped to my knees. "Y/N! Let me take control I can-"

No.. don't, Ferret. I got up clutched my stomach and smiled at Ash weakly. "I guess you were right.." I said softly. "Knives aren't my friend." I collapsed into his arms.

"Y/N, I'm gonna help you, I'm gonna-"

"Aslan, please, we're not gonna make it in time.." I told him and I looked him in the eyes, tears streaming down my face. He pressed his lips against mine and I let it happen for a few seconds. I grabbed my stomach and dropped to my knees again. "Aslan, you know that I l-love you, right?" I asked.

"I love you, too," he whispered, bending down next to me. I laid down and coughed. He propped me up and I sat down, my back propped up by him.

"I feel like there's so much we could've done together.." I sighed, looking at the clouds.

"You're gonna live, ok? I'll call an ambulance-"

"No, don't. Lao. They'll arrest you. You said you would live on for me, right?" I asked. I wiped a tear off his face.

"R-right.." he stammered and I groaned.

"Tell Vivian that she was right."

"About what?"

"What I told you. Knives aren't my friends." Ash cried into my shoulder and I let my arms fall limp.

"Y-you'll tell her, right?" I asked. He nodded.

"Good.." My vision became blurry and I knew I was about to die. "Goodbye, Aslan.."

"Y/N.." His voice faded away as everything turned black. This was the end. I had died.