13.

I opened my eyes and jumped back. My arms were wrapped around Aslan and I slowly backed away. I forgot we kissed again last night. I didn't think he'd actually stay in the room with me. I walked out of the room and saw Shorter sitting at a table with Eiji. He looked over and smirked at me.

"Get that smirk off your face," I joked. I pulled up a chair and sat down at the table. Vivian walked into the room and also pulled up a chair.

"Wait, what happened?" Eiji asked.

"I swear to god if you tell-"

"I caught Ash and Y/N kissing last night," he answered.

"Shorter Wong!"

"Oh shit, why is she pulling out your full name? Is this a habit?" Vivian murmured.

"He wanted to know!"

"No, we're not talking about this!" I snapped.

"Talking about what?" Ash asked. I turned around quickly and looked at Shorter. He just smirked at him like he did to me when I walked out. "Shorter!"

"Eiji asked!"

"I didn't know it was secret!" He defended.

"Shorter Wong!"

"Why do you keep pulling out the full names?!"

"I don't know, Vivian!" Ash sighed in disappointment.

"Let's go," he said and we walked out. We drove for a building and headed towards the roof. I looked up ahead and saw Club Cod. I also looked down.

"If I jumped off, would I die?" I asked.

"Yes, that's a stupid question. Now stay low," Ash responded in disbelief and pushed my head down. I peaked at Club Cod and sighed.

"They have it disguised so it won't raise suspicion," Vivian informed. "If it looks like a restaurant, it's a restaurant."

"You're telling me any normal restaurant I go to could be selling children?" I asked.

"No, Y/N, just this one. If there was another one in the state, Dino would know," she responded.

"Yeah, and he brings a minimal amount of people so he doesn't scare customers," Ash added.

"Since when are you guys such smart asses?" I asked.

"Since forever," he said. "I don't know if you were ever one-"

"Aslan!" I complained. "Why is everyone bullying me?"

"Is that why we came today?" Eiji asked, trying to stop the conversation from getting out of hand.

"Yeah, but I wish I didn't have to ask Lee for his help though," he replied.

"But he doesn't like Golzine so he's on our side," Eiji said. Vivian looked like she had something to say about that but stayed silent.

"He's not that naive." Vivian nodded in agreement with Ash. "He's just interested in what came in between me and the old man."

"Why is he interested in that shit?" I asked.

"I don't know, Y/N. Why the questions?" He asked. I shrugged.

"May I ask why you slept with me even after I fell asleep?"

"Y/N L/N, I will kill you one day."

"I'll be waiting. Also, wasn't his men the first to find out you broke loose?" I asked.

"Ok, there's one reasonable question, and yes." We got up and headed towards the door, leading back downstairs. "I can't trust anybody now."

"Then why do we still have Vivian?" I asked.

"Eh, she's useful."

"Excuse me? I'm not your personal computer!" She snapped.

"Then you can be a library," I teased.

"Oh, fuck you, Y/N," she retorted. We went down into the garage and Eiji, Shorter, and Vivian went to get the truck.

"Y/N," Aslan said. I looked up. "Catch." He tossed a gun to me.

"You know I don't use guns-"

"Yeah, well I doubt you'll be using your knife. We're not getting too close." I put the gun into my pocket as Shorter pulled up with the truck, Eiji in the front. I climbed up to the top of the truck and Ash followed behind. Vivian was already on top, sitting there.

"Don't screw things up," I said.

"I won't. I'm kinda liking you guys," she said.

"Yeah, well I'm still hurt from jail," I said. I cocked my gun and crouched on the truck and Shorter drove out. "How do I know we're not gonna fall off?"

"Don't be stupid and go near the edge," Ash said.

"Wow, thanks." It was a smooth ride until like, thirty seconds later. People were screaming and running. Was Shorter running over people? Possibly. I heard gunshots and saw Ash shooting at Dino's bodyguards. I stood up.

"Ash! You want me out of the picture that bad?" Dino yelled.

"Fuck you, Golzine!" I yelled and shot his arm. I heard a gunshot and someone fall down. I saw Ash laying on the truck and looked over. Arthur and some guys looked at us, smirking.

"Arthur!" I shouted and shot towards them. I don't know if I hit one of them but there was effort. I bent down next to Ash. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," he said. I shook my head.

"Stay down," I ordered. Bullets were fired at us and Shorter made a sharp turn, the side of the truck hitting something else. I flew off along with Ash and Vivian, landing on the ground scraped up. "Shit," I muttered. I stood up and groaned in pain. My wrist. I clutched my wrist and looked over at Ash and Vivian. "You guys ok?" Vivian was panting and nodded. "Ash?"

"So much for staying down," he murmured. We hid behind a broken table and stayed low. I saw Max and Ibe run out from a car. Max looked over at us.

"Guys, the river!" He yelled.

"This man is telling us to swim?" I asked. Vivian nodded. "I sprained my wrist so this is nice." The others started running with Golzine's guys behind. I peeked up and started shooting at them. One of them looked at me and shot me in the shoulder. I backed down and Ash grabbed my arm. We ran towards the river as he was shooting, Vivian right behind us. "Y/N, are you ok?" Vivian asked.

"Not really but it doesn't matter right now," I said as we dove into the water.

(a/n: hi!! ummm, if I don't update as usually as I do, it's because school started not too long ago and my teachers are already giving a lot of assignments to me 🧽honors classes suck)