24.

(a/n: I contemplated life and whether I should continue writing this chapter so if you're reading this, you know the answer)

I stood there in shock. "This is what Banana Fish is all about," Golzine said, smirking.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you!" I yelled. I let my whole body go limp. I've lost Skipper already, now Shorter. What can I do? I can't do anything. I felt the urge to cry. I couldn't handle this. Everyone I knew was gonna die! I looked at Eiji who stood there, eyes widened, staring at Shorter. Ash was right, he should go back to Japan. I sighed. It wasn't safe here, especially now. We know what Banana Fish does and that's good enough but now we need to get Eiji back. "Shorter! Stay with me!" Eiji said. I wasn't concerned on my surroundings. They could drop me on the ground for all I cared and I wouldn't run. Even if I did, where? I can't run away from a whole mafia.

The scientist grabbed Eiji and brought him over to the table, slamming his head on it. "Stop!" I screamed.

"Now take a good look at this face!" He said, smiling like the maniac he is. Shorter and Eiji just stared at each other, Shorter looking terrified.

"Shorter.." Eiji said. I was shoved over to the table and I could stare at Shorter in the eyes. He didn't look like himself.

"Shorter, please! You have to fight it!" I cried. "This isn't you!" He just stared at us and I winced. What the hell did Banana Fish do to him? Where's Ash? Shorter screamed and I jumped, startled. It's too late. He couldn't fight it, now could he? I was brought closer to Shorter and I shut my eyes. I couldn't bare to see him like this. Why Shorter?! Why?! I began to silently sob, refusing to look at Shorter. Eventually, I was pulled into a different room. I kicked them back and ran in the room, staying in the corner. Weak move, but what else could I do? It's not like I could escape with a lamp or some shit.

I sat down and rested my head on my knees. I don't know what Eiji, Yut-Lung, or Dino we're doing but eventually Dino left. "The Lynx has arrived." I looked up. Ash. That dummy. I wanted him to come save us but not like this! I sighed in disbelief. Was it just Ash or were the others there? The others had to be there. I quietly gasped. Vivian. I got up and looked at Yut-Lung. "Ash is here?" I asked and looked at Eiji. I quickly turned back around and sighed. "I'll just wait."

"Ok."

"Yeah, Ash is here," Yut-Lung replied. "And the others?" He nodded. "Shit."

"Something wrong?" He asked. I looked at him and laughed.

"Oh, no! Nothing is wrong!" I said, clutching my stomach and laughing. "It's not like my friend had just been injected with Banana Fish or my other friends had just been taken!"

"Uh, you ok?" He asked. I looked at him, smiling.

"Of course, I'm ok! Why wouldn't I be?"

"Y/N, don't go insane on us," Eiji said. I looked up at Eiji and shook myself.

"What just happened?"

"Mhm, that's what I thought. She's going insane," Eiji said.

"Sorry, this is just a lot to handle right now," I sighed. "If I end up killing you, Eiji, just know it wasn't on purpose."

"What about me?" Yut-Lung asked.

"I would be fine if you died." I smiled at him as Eiji finally put some clothes on. "Hey, are we ever gonna leave this hellhole?" As soon as I asked, the door opened and I looked at them. "Oh, fuck no." They grabbed me and I went limp, attempting to slow them down but they still dragged me across the floor. Wow, they really don't give two shits about me. I stood up as we walked down some stairs into a basement. Two doors opened and I saw the others. Vivian, Ibe, and Max were tied to a pillar with chains and Ash was being held up by chains around his wrist.

I saw Shorter in the middle of the room and my eyes widened. "Eiji! Y/N!" Ash exclaimed. I didn't say anything as the others were excited to see us. I couldn't be excited. We were the bad guys to Shorter. Arthur grabbed Eiji as I was thrown onto the ground. I looked up as Arthur showed Eiji to Shorter. I wanted to kill Arthur. With what? I don't know. I didn't have any weapon. Not much I could do. I started breathing heavily and looked down. I heard a knife clatter and looked up, my breathing had slowed down.

Arthur has thrown a knife to Shorter. "No..." I whispered. He threw one next to Eiji and I knew what was gonna happen. Shorter was going to attempt to kill us. He grabbed the knife and stood up, Eiji still on the ground. Shorter looked at Eiji, crazed. "Eiji! Move!" I yelled. Shorter yelled and went to stab Eiji but only got his side. "Eiji! Give me the knife if you're going to be a pussy!" He looked at me in horror. I guess I'll do it by myself.

"Watch out!" Ibe yelled and as Eiji was getting up, Shorter managed to slice below his chest. I scrambled for the knife and looked at Arthur. I could stab him but I would probably die immediately.

"Shorter!" I yelled. He turned around to look at me. "That's right.." he charged at me and I swiftly dodged the knife. He started swinging the knife at me and I blocked it but backing up to where Eiji was. He got distracted and started going for Eiji. "Damnit!"

"Shorter, don't!" Ash yelled. I slid the knife over to Eiji and he quickly picked it up. I knew he wasn't gonna use it but just in case. "Shorter!" Ash screamed. Shorter froze and looked up. Wait, Ash changed something in him? I shook my head. No.. that can't be it. He turned around to look at Ash and Eiji sat there, looking in shock. He approached Ash. "Shorter!"

"Ash.." he said weakly. How.. how did he remember Ash? "I can't anymore... set me free!" Shorter is still in there somewhere. "I'm in so much pain.."

"Shorter!" Arthur yelled, grabbing Eiji by the shirt. "This is your enemy!" Shit.

"Eiji! Throw me the knife!" I called. He looked at me in pain and slid it across the ground. I grabbed it and looked up. "Hey, Shorter!" He looked at me. "Come and get me." He charged at me and started swinging at me again until he knocked the knife from my hand. "Eiji, stay back!" I screamed as Shorter continued to swing at me. I blocked my face with my arms, leaving my arms to take the injuries. I fell back and Shorter lunged at me and grabbed my throat. This is how I die, huh? Funny. Never thought I'd be killed by a friend who makes fun of my relationship. He screamed as the knife started to come down. Well, it was nice knowing the world.

I had accepted fate but realized this isn't my time to die as I heard a gunshot and Shorter froze. What?