58.

I looked into the room Vivian was standing in. "Hi," I said. She turned around and looked at me.

"Ferret or Y/N?" She asked. I sighed.

"Y/N." She nodded and I walked over. "Eiji's trying to wake Ash up."

"Is he having fun with that?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Probably not, Ferret already failed by pouring ice cold water on him."

"I think it was a pretty good idea," she huffed.

It failed. Good idea, but failed. I heard someone walk into the room and Vivian and I turned around. Eiji stood in the doorway. "I got Ash to take a shower so he'll be coming down soon," he told us. "I made breakfast, too. Avocado and shrimp salad."

"You made Ash's favorite food?" I asked. He nodded. "Nice, we'll be there in a minute." He walked out of the room and I looked at Vivian. "Food is food, let's go." I headed out of the room and sat the table.

"Should've let me enjoy this."

No, it's my food, back off. I took a bite of the salad and saw Ash wall down. "Look who's awake," I said. He sat down at the table and looked at his bowl.

"Who took a bite?" He asked. Eiji looked at him in disbelief.

"You did!" I smirked.

"Why was it really cold this morning?" He asked. My smirk dropped.

"Did you hit your head or something?" I asked. He shook his head. "Wow, were you that tired?" He shrugged. I took a bite of the salad and sighed. Eiji looked up at me.

"Are you gonna look for that knife?" He asked. I took out my knife and showed it to him.

"Ferret stole it from you," I said.

"Huh, is that why we're calling her Ferret?" He asked.

"Should I be offended?"

Probably. "Sure, why not," I said. "But we'll probably go look for my knife."

"'We'll'?" Vivian asked.

"You wanna come?" She nodded. I finished the salad and pushed myself away from the table. "I'll meet you there." I raced out of the apartment.

"Why are we going so fucking fast?"

Why not? I halted at the place where my knife most likely landed.

"Do you know where it is?"

Nope. You?

"Why are you asking me?"

You sounded like you knew.

"I don't." I sighed and bent down, searching the ground. "Look for something shining."

"Shine a flashlight on it."

"Ferret, you're a genius," I said, taking out my phone.

"I know I am." I turned on the flashlight and saw something reflect the light back. I reached over and grabbed a shard of glass. "Nope." I threw it behind me and kept searching.

"There!" Ferret exclaimed after a while.

Where?

"To you're right!" I looked to my right and saw something shine. I walked over and picked it up.

"Hey, this is it," I said, putting it in my pocket. "Thanks, Ferret."

"No problem." I heard footsteps racing behind me. I looked and saw Vivian.

"Oh, hey, you're here!" I said. She was panting.

"I'm so sorry! I forgot!" She said.

"It hasn't been that long," I told her. "Why are you apologizing?" She looked up at me.

"It's been an hour!" My eyes widened. We've been out here this long?

"What? It's only been ten minutes!" I checked my phone.

Oh. An hour had past and I put my phone away. I took out the knife covered in dirt. "Found it, though." She sighed.

"Oh my god, Y/N," she said. I smiled and wiped the dirt off. I put it away and wiped the grass off my knees.

"Now what?" I asked. "We've found the knife."

"Ash and Eiji were doing who knows what when I left," she said.

"They're Ash and Eiji, what do you expect?" I asked, shrugging.

"I don't know, gay?" I just said a mess of words.

"What?!" Vivian looked at me in shock.

"You ok?" She asked.

"Oh, just Ferret," I said quickly. What the fuck?

"It was a joke! I swear!"

Ferret! I sighed in disappointment and looked at Vivian. "It's nothing." She looked at me and tilted her head.

"Yeah, I'm not believing your bullshit but no matter how much I ask, you will never tell me," she said.

"Sounds like you're trying to guilt trip me or something," I muttered. I walked off and she followed close behind. "I'm getting fries."

"I want fries-"

Shut up, you had your chance already.

"I can have more."

You used them all.

"No, if you gave me permission, I could take control." I stopped in my tracks and my eyes widened.

"Y/N, you ok?" Vivian asked. I looked at her. I'm getting fries.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I continued to walk.

"Please!"

No.

"Let me try some fries! I haven't eaten in forever!"

That's a you problem. I heard her sigh and I bought some fries from a cart nearby. Vivian and I sat on the curb and ate the fries. "So, what'd Ferret say? About Ash and Eiji?"

"Hm, well, no, I'm not telling you," I said, pointing my fry at her. "You can find out in the future." She sighed and bit part of my french fry off. I gasped. "You didn't." She smirked.

"Oh, but I did," Vivian replied. I looked at her before eating the french fry.

"How rude of you." I took another french fry and turned around. I felt her lean over my shoulder. "This is my french fry, back off!" She jumped back.

"Ok, have it, didn't know a french fry was that important," she said. I took a bite from the fry and looked at her.

"This french fry why I'm still alive."

"You just ate that french fry today."

"Exactly, this french fry will let me live even longer."

"Why? Did you know when you were gonna die?" I finished the fry and quickly snatched the last one before her. "Hey!"

"You don't deserve the last fry anymore. You've hurt me." I looked away before finishing the fry.

"What? Do you want me to puke out the piece I bit?" She asked, smirking.

"Oh god, please no!"