66.

Eiji made Ash some food and handed him a mug. The three of us were wrapped up into blankets and I sighed. Ash had changed into more comfortable clothes and I had stopped crying. Vivian sat down next to me and I threw half of my blanket to her and we huddled together. Eiji just looked at us and slightly smiled. I waved at him and looked at Vivian. "Hey, I just realized something." She looked at me.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I just realized you have an eyebrow slit," I told her.

"I thought you already knew," she said. I shook my head.

"Is there anything else I need to know?" I asked.

"Um, that's important? No."

"Ooh, then what's the non-important secrets?" I asked, smirking. Her eyes widened and she threw the blanket over us. "Uh, how secret is this-" She shushed me and got really close. "Uh, Vivian.."

"There is no non-important secrets, I just wanted to scare you," she said, smirking as she threw the blanket off. I looked at her, annoyed.

"Come on, you have to have at least one secret!" I complained.

"Oh, no, I do have one, but when you're on your death bed or I'm on mine, I'll tell you." I sighed and looked at the fire.

"Is it that secret?" She nodded. "Then why is it part of your non-important secrets?"

"It isn't, I just like messing with you," she told me, smirking. "Do you have any secrets?"

"Uh, I don't think so?" Do I have any secrets? Can you unlock memories from the past, Ferret?

"Uh, I mean, I can look at memories from the past, yeah." There was a moment of silence. "Oh, that's a secret but like, does Vivian need to know?

What is it? Can you show it to me or something?

"Um, what do you mean show it to you?"

Like, access, can I have access?

"Bitch, this is your brain." I sighed and laid on the ground. "Um, here, flashback, I guess, to help."

I don't like flashbacks, Ferret-

"That sucks then." A bunch of memories came flooding at me all at once and I sat up, eyes widened.

"No.." I whispered. Vivian looked at me, confused.

"What'd Ferret do?" She asked. I backed away and was panicking.

"Ferret, stop it.." I said. It all stopped coming at me. Vivian got up and I looked up at her. She reached out for me and I flinched. She pulled her hand away.

"Y/N?" She questioned. I slowly got up, shaking.

"J-just flashbacks," I stammered.

"They aren't just flashbacks, they must've been bad if you flinched when I reached out for you..." Her voice drained. "Can Ferret tell me what happened?" I nodded and let Ferret take over. She sat down next to Vivian and cleared her throat.

"I'm not sure if I should be the one telling you this-"

Please, just say it.

"Ok, sorry, Y/N," she muttered, looking down. She looked back up at Vivian and sighed. "Do you want Eiji and Ash to hear?"

I don't care.

"Got it.." She looked over at Ash and Eiji. Eiji was just staring and Ash was just sitting there, mug in hand. Ferret looked at Vivian and sighed. "Ash, you might know this already," she said.

"Know what?" He asked.

"You guys were both around 14," she started and Ash nodded.

"I'm not remembering much," he said.

"I don't know, it's a pretty bad memory that apparently Y/N can't handle." Ash's eyes widened and he looked up.

"That.." he said. Vivian and Eiji looked at him in confusion. He put the mug down and sighed. "I didn't wanna remember that either.."

"Remember what?" Eiji asked.

"Y/N was still shaken up by her parents," he said.

"Do you want your body back? Looks like I'm not explaining shit anymore."

Sure. I shook myself and looked up at Ash.

"Wait, what did they do?" Eiji asked. We all looked at him and I dug my head into my knees. Ash exhaled.

"Physical and verbally abused her," Vivian said. I looked up at her and she just looked back at me. I just nodded and I saw Ash look like something hit him.

"Y/N," he said.

"Yeah?"

"I-is that why you use knives and not guns?" He asked. My eyes widened. "You always say that knives are cooler and whenever I ask if you can use a gun, you look annoyed. Is that the reason?" I didn't respond and Ash sighed.

"That's kind of the reason," I said.

"Yeah, you used guns a lot before that then after it happened, you rarely used them. You looked uncomfortable using guns." I nodded.

"Yeah, yeah, can we go now?" I asked. I didn't wanna talk about it anymore. I took my gun out of my pocket and just placed it down.

"Y/N, you have to take it-"

"No, it's fine," I interrupted Vivian. She picked it up and put it in her pocket. "I'm gonna go look around, I'll be back in a second." I got up and walked away, looking down. Next time, if I ask, don't give me flashbacks.

"Yeah, ok," Ferret said. "So, you're just not gonna tell them?" I shook my head.

It's not important, if I'm being honest. I sat down by a wall and could hear Sing and some others. I thought I would be alone.

"Then walk somewhere else." I sighed and shook my head.

I don't feel like walking anymore.

"Want me to walk for you-"

No. I looked around and put my head down. God, when are we leaving here?

"We can't be staying here that long." I nodded and jumped. Gunshots rang through the air and I jumped up. I took out my knife and followed the sound. I saw guys with gas masks on shooting. I felt someone pull me into the subway and I fell down. I looked over and saw Sing. "You're gonna die out there if you aren't careful," he said. I scoffed.

"I'm surprised I haven't died yet."