20.

The car halted in front of a huge building. I sat up. "Woah.." I whispered. I jumped off and I looked over at Ash who was just climbing out of the car. "This is a big house," I said. He nodded.

"Wow, really, Y/N? I think it seemed pretty small to me," he said, sarcastically.

"Haha," I murmured and he smirked at me. I glared at him and giggled. "I'm gonna be perfectly honest, I can't stay mad at you forever."

"I figured that out a long time ago," he chuckled.

"I mean, you guys are dating," Shorter said.

"If you compare us to one of those really annoying couples, I will kill you myself," I said sweetly.

"I mean, you guys could be one."

"No, Shorter. This is one of those annoying couples." I pushed Ash forward and jumped on his back.

"Oh god!" He said, trying to hold me up.

"Let's go!" I said, my voice sounding like a hamster. I glared at Shorter. "Satisfied?" He nodded, smirking. I got off Ash and he looked at me.

"Please give me a warning next time you do that."

"I probably won't do it again unless my legs are broken and we're trying to run," I said. I glared at Shorter. "Now, you speak of that again, I will slit your throat."

"I'm getting death threats from the Y/N L/N. I feel honored," he said, smiling. I elbowed his arm and he groaned. "Now she's gonna kill me." He sighed and looked at me as I was proudly smiling. I walked up to the gate and pushed it open.

"Is this breaking and entering?" I asked.

"I mean, you aren't inside," Eiji said.

"Huh." I looked up as I heard a cry for help. I grabbed my knife and followed the cry, everyone else running behind. Shorter and Ash ran ahead and I slid across the sidewalk, my knees scraping against the sidewalk. I got up and Eiji looked at me, concerned.

"Y/N, that looks bad," he said. I looked at him.

"I've survived worse." I walked ahead as Shorter talked to the old lady who was crying for help. I rounded the corner and saw three men, one of them having someone else over their shoulder. They tried shooting at us but their aim was terrible. I threw the knife at one of them in the arm and Ash shot the other two. One of them ripped the knife out and they charged. I ran over to the unconscious person and grabbed my knife.

"A girl?" I shook my head.

"The lady did say master, at least that's what I heard," I replied. I threw them over my shoulder.

"Y/N, do you need help?" Max asked. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Look, I'm not weak, you idiot," I said, walking inside.

You could've said no!" He called.

"I'm proving a point!" I yelled. I was led upstairs to a room and put them down on the bed before the others came inside.

"I was making dinner when those men came barging in and took Young Master," the lady told us.

"So they were after this boy?" Max asked. That's a stupid question.

"Who is he?" Ash asked.

"Yau-Si is Master's..." she paused. "He is Professor Alexis Dawnson's son."

"Son?" Eiji said. Never would've guessed.. He grunted softly.

"Young Master!" The lady exclaimed. His eyes barely opened. He sat up and looked at us.

"You are.." he sighed.

"We came here looking for an Abraham Dawnson," Max replied. Damn, not even a "Hi, my name is".

"That's my father's younger brother though," he said, looking down. "I've never met him before."

"Do you know much about him?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I know he's a scientist but that's about it," he sighed.

"Your dad isn't Asian, is he?" Ash asked. "Guessing from his name." Let me guess, he's adopted.

"I was adopted." Of course, what else would it be? He ran away from home. Oh wait, that's me. "My father didn't have any children so he adopted me."

"You landed big," Ash said, smirking.

"Hey," Max said. I looked at him and Ash then back at Yau-Si.

"So, where is the professor?" Ash asked. Did they get him? No, they couldn't have, right? I mean, we didn't see anyone else that they had taken.

"Father has been missing for 6 months now," he replied, clutching the blanket.

"No note?" I asked. He shook his head. "Anything?"

"Just... disappeared, I guess." Where could a professor have gone?

"Does he have any enemies that might've taken him-" Ash pulled me back.

"He barely woke up, give him a break," he said, letting me go. I walked out of the room and Ash went to the professor's office. I sighed and looked downstairs.

"A professor goes missing and hasn't been seen for 6 months," I sighed.  Vivian leaned over next to me.

"You ok?"

"Just trying to figure out where a professor could've for 6 months without any notice at all," I replied. I looked at her. "Does the mafia-" She shook her head.

"I've never heard one  of them saying they kidnapped a professor," she said. "Or they could've done it while I was in prison." I sighed.

"Thanks anyway," I said.

"No problem," she said. "I'm scared, if we're going to fight the mafia. They know I've betrayed them and I might die if we fight them-"

"Hey, you were trained by them and besides, you have us," I said, grinning. She chuckled.

"I do have you guys," she said. I looked over at her.

"Hey, have I given you a weapon?" I asked. She shook her head. "Maybe they have some type of weapon here, or Shorter has a knife of some sort." I paused. "Wait!" I reached into my pocket and handed her a knife. "It's the one Shorter took from you when you broke into my room!" I grinned.

"Those were some dark times," she joked. I nodded.

"Very dark."