38.

I woke up again and felt fine. I got of bed and walked out of the room. "You good?" Ash asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. Where are we going?" I asked.

"Oh, no, you're staying here," Aslan told me.

"What? I said I'm better!" I pointed at Brooke. "She nearly got me killed!"

"Hey, I saved your ass at the last minute!" She snapped at me. I laughed.

"Yeah, at the last minute!" I kept laughing. "You already wore me out-" I felt Ash smack the back of my head and I stopped laughing. "Thanks, I needed that."

"I know," he said, shrugging.

"But I'm still going with you," I said. He sighed.

"I can't really stop you," he muttered. I reached for my knife which was on the table and stuffed it in my pocket. I threw on the jacket and looked at Ash. "Ok, come on." I waved at Brooke.

"Don't kill me next time!" I joked.

"I can't promise that!" She called back as the door shut. I searched my jacket and nodded.

"Ok, I thought she could've put a tracker in my jacket," I told Ash. He nodded as we went to the library. "Is this where you were before I called?"

"Yeah, nearly got in trouble when you called," he said to me.

"But it was a good cause. I could've died."

"True, but I'd be fine with that."

"Oh, shut up!" I said, playfully pushing him to the side as we walked into the library. I sat down at a table and he sat down next to me. I leaned back and he looked over at me.

"You're gonna fall," he told me.

"Yeah, I'll gladly be that one boy in school who fell off his chair and cracked his head then died," I told him. "It's a stupid story." I looked over his shoulder and saw Eiji walking our way. I looked away as he stood at the table.

"Hey," he said to us. I looked up at him. "You both knew I was here but didn't say anything."

"Damn right. But screw that, I nearly died last night," I told him.

"You always do that though? And to who? You can easily take out Arthur's guys." I shook my head.

"There's one person that meets my level," I said. "Brooke."

"Who?" Eiji asked.

"A girl that works for the mafia like Vivian, except she hates me because last time we talked, I almost killed her," I explained, smiling.

"Wow, your mafia friends seem nice," he said. I nodded.

"Yeah, she let me live and only this once I'm guessing," I responded. "So watch out for a girl with brown hair and dark blue eyes."

"Thanks, now I get to be more worried," he said, disappointed. He looked back at Ash who looked away. "Yup, still mad."

"God, you're like a child, Aslan," I muttered.

"Listen, I'm sorry about what I said last night," Eiji said, sitting across from him. "I shouldn't have said all of that. Y/N isn't mad at me-"

"I actually am, I'm just not showing it," I interrupted. He glared at me and looked back at Ash.

"Japanese are quick to apologize, huh. Ibe apologized, too," Lynx said.

"You spoke with him?!" Eiji said, standing up. Dumbass, this is a library. Everyone shushed him and I tried not to laugh.

"Let's do the rest of the talking outside," I said, Ash pulling me out of my chair. We headed outside and Ash bought some food. He handed a hotdog to Eiji.

"Eat up. An American natto dog," he told Eiji.

"Ok, I like natto but that sounds weird," I said.

"I thought you weren't a picky eater," Ash said as Eiji took the hotdog. He looked over at me. "What happened?"

"You eat it, then," I muttered.

"I'll pass," he said, patting me on the head.

"Ok, you don't need to make fun of my height as well," I said. He smirked.

"You are pretty short," Eiji said.

"Look who's talking, you look like a child," I remarked.

"At least I'm a tall child."

"You're about one inch taller than me, shut the fuck up." Ash just sat back and watched us argue over our heights. He ordered a hotdog for himself and ate it.

"Can we go now?" He asked after finishing his hotdog. I looked at him, panting.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"God, you guys can't be together," he muttered. I smirked at him and whispered something in Eiji's ear. He nodded.

"Shorter wouldn't let you forget this," he said. I nodded. I backed up and jumped on Ash's back.

"Y/N!" He exclaimed. He tried to hold me up.

"Let's go," I said, pointing ahead. He rolled his eyes and walked away with me on his back.

"Why do you do this to me?" He asked.

"It was funny last time I did it," I teased. I got off as we reached a railing that was looking over the ocean. "Ooh, where are we?"

"Do you go here often?" Eiji asked.

"Sometimes, when I feel like seeing what place I live in looks like," Ash responded. I hopped over the railing. He scoffed. "Y/N L/N-"

"Hey, if I fall, I fall into water." I let go of the railing and let myself fall back. I felt myself get caught and opened my eyes. Ash had grabbed the collar of my shirt, eyes widened and worried. "Looks like someone does care about me," I joked as he pulled me over the railing.

"You can't die yet," he muttered, going back to his usual look. He looked over at me and tried not to laugh. "Ok, maybe a little."

"A little?" I questioned. He sighed.

"A lot," he said and pulled me in.

"About Brooke-"

"I don't blame you," he said and pressed his lips against mine. I accepted it and we pushed away after a while.

"That made a great picture." Ash and I turned and saw Eiji with his phone in hand, pointed at us.

"Eiji!" I screamed.