29.

(a/n: oh god there's so many chapters I'm sorry lmao I did not know there was gonna be this much.)

It had reached nightfall a while later and I saw Ash and Eiji go to bed. I yawned and looked out the window. I never got an answer to where the gang disappeared to. I grabbed a pencil and started drawing on a loose piece of paper. I didn't know what to draw, I just went with it. I heard someone sit up, breathing heavily and I looked at the bed. Ash was sitting up, looking nervous. He looked at Eiji and I put the paper and pencil down. I walked over and sat on his bed. "Bad dream?" I asked. He nodded. I looked over at Eiji. "Don't wake him up, I don't know what he's like when others wake him," I joked. Ash laughed quietly.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," he sighed and walked out. I watched as he left the room and saw Eiji sit up out of the corner of my eye.

"Where's Ash?" He asked.

"He's fine, he just had a bad dream, again."

"What do you mean again?" Shit, did I say again out loud?

"It happens a lot," I said. "Not every night but most nights." Eiji got up and walked out of the room. "And of course, nobody listens to me." I sat on the bed and turned on the lamp before Eiji and Ash came back. We all sat down on one bed and Ash explained what his nightmares were about. "Former male prostitute, gang leader, and murder, I still get shaken up," he said.

"Don't say that about yourself," Eiji said.

"Yeah, you're still cool," I said, smiling. He wrapped his arm around me and continued.

"I was 8 when I first killed a man," he explained.

"Wait, you mean your coach?" I asked and he nodded.

"I was terrified," he said, looking slightly horrified. "So scared, I couldn't find my voice." I felt his arm slipping off my shoulder a bit. "My heart was screaming for help, but I couldn't let out a single cry." I looked at him and put my hand on his leg. He firmly grabbed it and continued with his story. "When I shot him, I cried. I cried because I felt nothing." His hand slipped out of mine and I retracted my hand back. "I'm scared of myself." His arm left my shoulder as he looked at his hands.

"Sometimes.." I sighed. "You have to do what you need to."

"I know.. but," he paused as a tear dripped from his face. "I killed Shorter. I don't know how much blood I have on my hands."

"I-it was for a good r-reason," I stuttered. "He was in p-pain and I was g-gonna die."

"I don't feel anything. Nothing.." He quietly sobbed as his hands covered his face.

"Ash, it's okay, calm down," Eiji comforted. I put my head on Ash's shoulder and looked up at him. I've never seen him so hurt before. He has these nightmares a lot but he's never been this hurt and sad. "You do feel it. You're hurt.. really hurt. I can tell."

"Ash, you saved me and Eiji.." I paused. "and Shorter from more pain. If you feel responsible, the same goes for me. I could've stopped Yut-Lung from taking us but I didn't." He looked up at me and Eiji looked at me.

"What do you mean?" Ash asked.

"I got mad at Shorter.." I said. "I don't know why, I was just shocked that he was in on this. I could've killed Yut-Lung but I didn't."

"Y/N, you don't have any blood on your hands, just me," he sighed.

"No, don't say that about yourself.." I quietly cried.

"If the world turns on you, Y/N and I will be by your side," Eiji said. "We'll both stay by your side. That is, if you don't mind."

"Yeah.." I whispered. Ash wiped a tear away.

"Does that mean I have to keep eating those nasty sandwiches?" He joked.

"Hey, I thought they were pretty good!" I said, playfully pushing him.

"That's right, lucky you," Eiji replied, smiling. I chuckled. "Tofu sandwiches are good for you. Your health is in my hands."

"Watch out, he might poison you," I said to Ash.

"I don't even have poison on me!" He defended. Ash collapsed onto Eiji's lap and it took us by surprise.

"Stay by my side," Ash cried. "Both of you. It doesn't have to be forever." I ruffled his hair.

"We're not going anywhere," I said, slightly smiling. "We're staying by your side whether you decide you don't want us or not." I rested my head on Eiji's shoulder. Seemed like Eiji was the main attraction right here. Before I knew it, I fell asleep. It had been a calm night and I felt someone push me. I yawned and opened my eyes. I saw I was on top of Ash and I got off quickly. "Sorry!"

"It's fine," he said and we looked at Eiji.

"He's a good friend, you know," I told him. "He could stay here and make us those apparently 'disgusting' tofu sandwiches."

"He could," Ash said, smiling. "And yes, they do taste a bit gross."

"No, you just don't know what perfect food is."

"I know what perfect food is and it is definitely not tofu sandwiches."

"Suit yourself," I said, shrugging. "They taste good and your taste buds are missing out."

"Oh, no, I know exactly what I'm eating," he said, smirking.

"Better keep it down before the 'sloppy' Japanese hears you don't like this food," I whispered, laying beside him.

"Well, if he did overhear us, now he knows."

"Why don't you make something than, Aslan?" He looked over at me.

"I feel like it's been forever since you've called me Aslan. I missed when you didn't call me Aslan." Huh, that's a first.