78. (bonus chapter)

TW // SUICIDE

Ash held Y/N. "No.." he whispered. He heard footsteps running his way and he looked up. Vivian stood there in shock.

"That's not Y/N, right? Tell me it's not her!" She cried. She dropped to her knees and hugged Y/N. "How?!"

"Lao.." She looked up and turned to see Lao's body. "She wanted me to tell you th-that you were right. Knives aren't her friend." Vivian smiled and rubbed her eyes.

"That idiot," she said, laughing a bit. "She couldn't have lived longer.." She reached into her pocket and pulled out Y/N's knife. "I think this was her only friend that was a knife.." She put the knife done next to her. "Her life was just getting back together! I fucking loved her!" She cried. Ash looked up at Vivian. "Yeah, I loved her.. more than a friend.." Ash picked up her knife and handed it to Vivian.

"She would want you to have this," he told her and she reached out for it. She looked at it and put it in her pocket.

"Are you sure she's dead? Call an ambulance or-"

"Lao is dead, that'd make us criminals."

"Fuck!" She shouted. "Why did she have to die on us so soon?!" She looked up at Ash and her voice softened. "Why did she have to die on us so soon?"

"We have to get her out of sight," he said and they picked Y/N up. They carried her to a bench and placed her down. "She read Eiji's letter to us, right here, before she ran off." He handed Vivian the letter. "She was so excited to say goodbye to Eiji that she didn't notice her surroundings. But that could've been me too."

"Wh-what?"

"She knew I was gonna run off so she ran ahead.. Why did it have to be her?!" He held Y/N's hand and Vivian silently sobbed. They both sat straight up when they heard sirens. "Lao.."

"We gotta go, we're too near to his body. They're bound to find Y/N," Vivian said and they got up and ran away. They stopped once they had ran a while.

"We wanted to go to Japan with Eiji," Aslan said. "But now she can't. Four years after the incident and now she's really dead.."

"What incident? The flashback she had?" Ash nodded.

"She was still getting over her parents and she was a quiet kid. One day, she locked herself in a bathroom and a gun. I managed to bust open the door and I found her. She was standing there, sobbing, gun pointed to head. Y/N dropped the gun and ran into my arms, telling me she wasn't gonna die for a while.." he told her.

"So, suicide?" She asked. Ash muttered.

"Three years isn't a while though, it went by so fucking fast," he said.

"We have to tell the others about this, too," Vivian sighed. "But how?"

"I-I don't know, but if the police find Y/N's body, they'll see it on the news."

(a/n: final chapter and I was in tears for this and the previous chapter. I have homework to finish but no, I force myself to start crying over Banana Fish again as if I haven't done it before. So yeah, I almost decided not to publish the last chapters today because I was sobbing 😀 👍)