16.

"Ok, we're gonna open the door and pretend nothing happened!" I said nervously. She nodded.

"Don't say anything please."

"I can't say that I won't," I replied as I opened the door.

"You guys ok?" Max asked. I nodded awkwardly while smiling.

"You look stupid," Vivian muttered to me.

"Yeah? You do this then and act calmly!" I whispered. She nodded and just turned to me, looking calm as fuck. Oh, holy shit, she's good. I shook myself and sighed. "When are we leaving?" I asked.

"Maybe tomorrow," Max responded. "We're not sure yet."

"Got it," I said and turned to Vivian. "Will they find us?" She shook her head.

"You guys ok?" Ibe asked. I jumped.

"Yup, never been better!" I said, laughing.

"Y/N," Ash said.

"Hm?"

"Follow me." He took my hand and led me outside and to the back of the house.

"So, what are we doing out here, Aslan-"

"What happened in the bathroom?" He asked.

"Oh, just girl problems," I said. I was pretty calm around Ash. He wouldn't kill me unless someone's life depended on it. That sounds wrong but you get the point.

"Oh, really? How come halfway here I saw the back of the truck open?" My eyes widened.

"Uh, y-you might've been seeing things!" I stammered, laughing nervously. "N-nobody ever opened the door except y-you when we got here!"

"You're stuttering." Fuck me.

"What? I am? Aha... I guess I am." Somebody end me now. "Let's go back inside!" I said and walked away. It was a while before the sun started setting. Ash and Eiji headed out and I followed behind. I sat down. "I've always liked it here," I said, laying down. "Minus your dad but you get it." Ash nodded.

"Plus, it's always windy here," he added.

"Eiji, you should've lived here," I said, sitting up.

"I didn't even know you guys existed at a young age," he said.

"No shit," I said. I sighed and watched the sunset. "I wonder if we could stay here. It's peaceful and quiet." Ash shook his head.

"It's nice but we can't," he said.

"After all of this is over?" I asked. He looked at me and smirked.

"I guess we possibly could," he sighed, sitting down next to me. Eiji sat down as well and it was silent for a bit. We headed inside and everyone went to bed but I couldn't sleep. I sighed and stepped over them all, taking a spare blanket I had found and a pillow. I opened the door and shut it behind me. I threw the pillow on the ground and sat down, looking at the starts above. "Why can't we just enjoy this?" I asked myself. I rested my head on the pillow and sighed. It wasn't long before I drifted to sleep.

"Y/N," a voice said. I groaned and threw the blanket over my head. "Y/N." I looked up and saw Ash.

"Go away," I whined groggily and fell into the pillow.

"Why are you out here?"

"Why are you out here?" I asked, the pillow muffling my voice. He put my gun next to my pillow. I looked up and grabbed it. "Oh damn, do I have to shoot you?"

"No, idiot," he said. He pulled me up and headed towards a lonely short line of a fence. He placed bottles on it.

"Why are you practicing your aim?" I asked. "You're already good enough at shooting." I cocked my gun and he eyed me.

"Why not?" He said, shooting one of the bottles.

"Ok, my turn, move," I said , pushing him out of the way. I aimed towards the bottle in the middle and watched the glass go flying.

"Not has for someone who uses a knife," he joked. "Why do you use a knife? I mean, close combat isn't always gonna happen."

"And sometimes it does. You always have my gun because I leave it around."

"Yeah, you do," he said. I turned around and saw Eiji walking towards us.

"What are you guys doing?" He asked.

"Shooting bottles." I held the gun out. "Wanna try?" He looked at me, shocked.

"I mean, I guess," he said, taking the gun from my hand. I sat down and watched as Ash helped Eiji. I heard the gunshot ring and looked at the bottle, still in one piece.

"It's fine, Eiji. If it never works out, there's knives-"

"Y/N, Eiji's not doing close combat."

"Aww, you're no fun, Aslan!" I pouted.

"Hey!" I heard Ibe say. I turned around.

"Hi, Ibe-San, Ash was showing me how to shoot," Eiji said and handed me back the gun. I put it in my back pocket.

"Yeah, I saw," he said. "Breakfast is ready. Go wake Shorter."

"Let him wake himself up " I joked. "I still feel hurt after what he told you guys."

"I'm not sure what he told the others but I did witness something-"

"Ok, Ibe! That's enough!" I interrupted. "Eiji, please go wake Shorter so we can stop talking about this." He ran towards the house and Ibe just stared at Ash. I got up as he said, "What?" Ibe still stared at Ash. "You don't like me letting him use a gun, huh?"

"That's not it-"

"That seems like it." Ash elbowed me in the side and I grabbed it. "Oh, you son of a bitch, that hurt!"

"It's just.." Ibe sighed. "You and him are too different."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, glaring at Ash.

"I'm saying they're different but get along well."

"I guess you have your reasons, but you need to stop treating him like a baby," Ash said, loading his gun. "That's why he can't protect himself at this age."

"Gotta teach them young," I said.

"In our country, we don't carry guns to protect ourselves!" Ibe snapped. Damn, we were being so nice.

"Well, Ibe," I started and he looked at me. "Welcome to America!"