61.

"You're telling me, your adopted son, is my friend?" I asked. My dad nodded. "What the fuck?" Kai and I both stared at each other for a while.

"Y/N, not this again," Vivian sighed. She clapped in front of me but I didn't break eye contact. "Uh, Ferret-"

"She's already used up her time this morning," I said.

"Who's Ferret?" Kai asked. We were all completely ignoring my dad.

"I dunno, some ghost or demon living inside me," I responded.

"Oh."

"Yeah, it's not fun."

"I think I'm pretty fun-"

No. I don't like the fact you can take control.

"You give me permission though?"

It's still really weird. I looked at Vivian. "Oh, thank god," she sighed. I looked back at Kai who was looking at the ground.

"Maybe we should get going, this is getting really awkward," I said then looked at my dad. "I also hate you so yeah." I got up and stretched. "Thanks for having us but we should go." I walked over to the door and waved at them. Vivian and I walked out of the house and headed back to the apartment.

"So, that was a very strange.. encounter.." she muttered.

"Yeah, remind me to never go here, again," I told her.  She nodded. "Ferret, you too." We bought more fries along the way because fries are good. We reached the apartment and headed up the stairs. "Ash isn't back, and neither is Eiji " I said. "Did they tell you anything?"

"Ash went to see Max and I don't know about Eiji but the gang's with him," she replied. I reached for my phone and tried calling Eiji. No answer. I sighed.

"I might go look for them later," I said. "Or wait, let me call Ash." I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up. He picked up. "Hello? Ash?" I said. Vivian looked over at me and I put the phone on speaker. No response. He had answered the call. I could hear someone talking but nobody was talking directly to us. I looked outside and saw that the sky was orange. It was nearly night. "Ash? It's almost night and if you're coming home late, you can just say it. Eiji isn't here either," I said. No response. I was annoyed and pissed. "Aslan!" Vivian and I just stared at the phone. "Did this bitch answer on accident?"

"How does someone answer a phone call by accident?" Vivian asked.

"It happens! Don't act all shocked!" I snapped. I heard a rustling sound and I sighed. "Maybe he can answered us by accident."

"Ash!" She said. I heard the phone drop and I flinched.

"Ash?" I said. I heard it being picked up and tended up. "Ash, can you answer? Please?"

"Sorry, Ash is occupied at the moment." My eyes widened.

"Shut the fuck up, Yut-Lung, where's Ash?" I asked.

"Like I said, he's occupied at the moment," he responded.

"Is he in the room?"

"Yes, but he's doing something."

"Explain."

"Sadly, I can't do that-"

"Yut-Lung, I will kill you one day," I growled.

"Y/N!" My eyes widened. Ash's voice but in the background.

"Ash!" I shouted. The phone call ended and we just stared at my phone. "Can you track him?" I asked Vivian.

"I'm not a hacker. Sure, I was in the mafia but not a hacker," she responded. I sighed.

"I might be able to do it."

Really?

"Yeah." I smiled and looked at Vivian.

"I'll be right back," I said as Ferret took control. She stretched and sighed.

"Where's a computer?" She asked.

"Woah, look at you, Y/N-"

"Ferret."

"Ferret- wait, you could track him?" She nodded. Vivian went into a different room and brought out a laptop. Ferret opened it and turned it on. Do you know what you're doing?

"No, but I think I do."

Oh, please don't break anything. She started doing something on the laptop. Looked complicated so I didn't even try to see.

"I won't break it." It didn't sound reassuring. I looked around the room and saw Ferret show the laptop to Vivian. "A warehouse?" She asked.

"That's where his phone was last seen," Ferret said. I took control again and looked at the laptop. I took a picture of it and shut the laptop.

"Let's go," I said.

"Ferret, can-"

"I'm Y/N, how can we make it so you tell the difference ?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'll just have to say names," she sighed. "How are we even gonna get there? I don't drive." I didn't want to but I did. I picked up the phone and dialed their number.

"Hey, can you drive us to a warehouse? I'll show you the location when you get here?"

We climbed into his car and I shut the door. "So, you can't drive or.."

"No, not really, Kai," I said. "Even if we did, we don't have a car." I showed him my phone and he nodded. He started driving to it.

"Why a warehouse?" He asked.

"Ash is there, but stay in the car when we get there. You too, Vivian," I said.

"Why me?" She asked.

"You know I can protect myself," Kai muttered.

"Safety precautions," I said, smiling. I turned to look at Vivian who was in the back. "Do you think they're still there?"

"It's been a while so maybe." We reached the warehouse and I stopped Kai.

"Turn off your headlights," I said. He nodded and the lights went out. "Stop here, I'm getting out." He parked the car and I got out.

"I'm coming with," he said. He pulled out a knife.

"Can you defend yourself with it?" I asked. He nodded. "Vivian, stay by him."

"I just said I could defend myself-" I shushed him.

"If you get us killed, Kai, I swear to god." He nodded and I took out two knives. I opened them as we walked to the warehouse. I leaned against the wall and sighed. "Alright, we can go."